Going back to WoW?

Soldato
I'm 33 and quit wow a few months ago, mainly because of the amount of impatient kids playing it and nerd rage..... You will notice that pretty quickly!

Yes it can get depressing fast. I used to try avoid most of the 'community' and just stay within my guild who I liked a lot. Raids we're often pressurising and fast paced but always a good laugh.

I'm 36, I'm married and also have friends :)

I wouldn't touch the game with a barge pole if I we're you :)

Associate
Im looking to sell my WoW account, I have no time for it, due to Uni ect, and wouldnt mind getting some coin for the effort i put into it.

Does anyone know were i could put it up for sale?

lvl 80 Prot warrior, cleared all content, and got top gear just before ICC
also includes a lvl 80 hunter with ToC10/25 gear.
and about 5 lvl 70+ alts

The warrior is the main focus of the account, ive MT with this char for 2 years, and got over 120 days played. Got a ton of different gear sets, mounts, achiements ect

Permabanned
Im looking to sell my WoW account, I have no time for it, due to Uni ect, and wouldnt mind getting some coin for the effort i put into it.

Does anyone know were i could put it up for sale?

lvl 80 Prot warrior, cleared all content, and got top gear just before ICC
also includes a lvl 80 hunter with ToC10/25 gear.
and about 5 lvl 70+ alts

The warrior is the main focus of the account, ive MT with this char for 2 years, and got over 120 days played. Got a ton of different gear sets, mounts, achiements ect

I think the talk about selling WoW accounts is frowned upon here because it upsets the fan boys, but I advertised on a few well known sites and in the end I just decided I couldn't be bothered. It was to much hassle for my liking.

Soldato
I'm 36, I'm married and also have friends :)

Same, loving the game at the moment. Because I have a baby I dont get to play more than a half hour a day, maybe a couple of hours on weekend. When I last played it was many hours a day to level a rogue, intense clan etc. and I burnt out. This time im just taking it easy, raised three toons to 20 to see which I enjoy the most and then ill keep going with the one i do. Started a Death Knight but switched back to the Mage for the mo.

Some things im doing differently from before - forget the clans, keep an eye out for a relaxed one but dont grab the first invite that comes along. Ignore the forums, theres so much whining going on its only a matter of time before you feel youve been screwed over. Get the levelling guides - especially the UI one - when you have limited time its just 1000 times more efficient. Partake of some PvP in the battlegrounds from around level 12 and dont care if you get pwned. Dont switch off XP in battlegrounds because you want to move on. Have fun.

Last edited:
Associate
Right basically none of us here can answer this for you. Any MMO takes a lot of time away from your life regardless of wife, kids, friends etc. I used to play wow from anywhere between 1 hour to 8+ hours of the day depending on uni etc. I quit the game around 7 months ago because of how much time it demands, but I purchased it back around 1 week ago. Many would probably think that I would gradually sink back into my old ways, unbelievably I dont find it interesting anymore, cancelled my sub a day ago and know now I will never go back to playing that game.

If you can keep your life on track and play great, otherwise get a gym membership and a decent SP and MP game :)

Found the same thing, played the original game loads then quit when the guild I was in fell apart. Skipped the TBC expansion and tried coming back about a year ago when the OCUK Alliance guild was formed, leveled an old character to 80 but just found the game as dull as dishwater.

Edit:

As for selling accounts I just searched 'sell WoW account' on Google and managed to find a few forums to advertise on.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Hmm not heard of this. Can you tell me what it's called please? Is it a mod that suggests where you go based your class/level?

From what I remember it's called something like Zyborgs but I think you had to pay for that one. I'm pretty sure there's one called 'James In game leveling guide' which is free.

Basically it's a step by step leveling guide from 1 - 80 and it tells what what quest to do, what to do on the quest, where to hand it in, where to pick up the next one etc. It's like autopilot really, but it makes leveling much more faster. I used them all the time.

Associate
OP
Any more info about Darkfall?
A grind fest?
Server population ok, or lacking except during peak hours?
Noob friendly? Or am I just going to get ganked every 10 minutes till I log out?
Thanks in advance ;)

Permabanned
A grind fest?
Noob friendly? Or am I just going to get ganked every 10 minutes till I log out?
Thanks in advance ;)

Ganked a lot unless your in a clan that has there own city. IMO, first thing you should do when you logon is find a clan that has there own city, bind to the stone there and go about as usual.

When I played, server population seemed low. Sometimes you could travel and not see anyone for miles.

Soldato
I used to use one called Tourguide. Hopefully it's still around as it was very good. Step by steps on your screen for easy leveling.

Not at my home comp but if you haven't found it by tonigh I'll post a link. Google for tourguide (which now incorporates james' I think) and you have a pointer to what quest to do and in which order. Very handy for removing the noob wandering around. As you've seen it all before even better really.

Soldato
Got destroyed in a couple of reviews I read about it.

Most of those reviews you're talking about were poorly reviewed. Infact I remember Tasos kicking off about it because the game got 2/10 and in the logs it said the reviewer had only played for 6 or so hours in total.

It's like logging into Eve, playing for 6 hours and saying it's completely pants.

As goes with Eve, you need to play the game, get used to it, venture out, get some skills up before you notice how great and refreshing it is.

most reviews now are fairly decent and give it a decent review.

Soldato
A grind fest?
Thanks in advance ;)

Their is a grind, but it's not as bad as it was, you can get Greater Magic within a few days and progress from their.

Server population is good but not great, this new expansion is bringing a lot of players back however it can seem quite empty

you will most likely get ganked a few times, it's a very harsh world with plenty of helpful players and clans, but their are plenty of PK players, I've never ever had anyone being corpse camped, most likely you'll learn to bank often, find good spots for PvE, be nervous all the time :D.

What you're best of doing is spending a few days getting to grips with the controls, setting your attacks up, getting new skills. then when you're comfortable find a guild.

their are guilds like NEW who are their to specifically help new players, and plenty of older guilds who accept noobies.

I'm in a guild called Lux Arcana, and were always having a laugh. probably one of the sole reasons I'm still playing Darkfall.

Good Comunity + Darkfall is fantastic.

http://darkfall.luxarcana.org.uk/forums/portal.php

Soldato
Questhelper is the easiest "level fast by questing" type addon. Blizz have updated the stock UI with quite a lot of questing improvements (showing rough area to find a particular type of beastie on the map etc etc).
Anyone who used to play could likely jump back into raiding in about a month at the moment too, there's still a step up to the very top tier stuff but pretty much everything else can be done in pick up groups/random groups. They added a decent dungeon finder too, no spamming general or trade for a group now, just open up the UI, tick the dungeon u want and hit queue. Queuing for a random dungeon gives a bit more in the way of rewards.
Doing random dungeons while levelling will grant extra blue quality quest items - basically lots of improvements, you don't have to play 4 hours a night 4 nights a week to be on top of things.

Back
Top Bottom