My new Saab

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16211188 said:
He never at any point claimed it was - he simply reported his long distance economy figure.

Yes, but as I've said already, it would be useful to know what the 'real world' figure is, given that most people don't live on the roundabout at J2 of the M1 and whose entire driving consists of driving to J10 of the said motorway in traffic free conditions and coming back again.

Soldato
OP
The quoted figure was door to door, FYI

Anyway, if you would be interested to know what the figure is after a week or so of use - I can come back and tell you on friday. You dont need to start arguments by putting words in peoples' mouths

Man of Honour
Yes, but as I've said already, it would be useful to know what the 'real world' figure is, given that most people don't live on the roundabout at J2 of the M1 and whose entire driving consists of driving to J10 of the said motorway in traffic free conditions and coming back again.

I've said numerous times what the 'real world' figures are.

Most people will make the odd long journey once or twice a year, though, so its a 'real world' figure just not a 'typical day to day' figure.

My 'typical day to day' figure is infact 19mpg, and my typical Motorway figure now is closer to 34mpg given that once I started actually working full time I became less time rich but also less cash poor, so I cba with the whole 'cruise at 70... (err kmh obviously)' thing :p

Associate
Nice looking car, does definitely seem to be an influx of Saabs on here at the moment. I have a 55 plate 9-5 aero auto at the moment. Manages 33mpg on a run so your 36 sounds about right for you.

Fancied a 9-3 but it's much harder to get one with all the right options ticked, hence a 9-5.

They're an odd brand and certainly not one i'll stay with for too long, but the value for money they offer is staggering. I could've bought 2 of these for the same price as the equivalent BMW or Audi.

Soldato
OP
Nice looking car, does definitely seem to be an influx of Saabs on here at the moment. I have a 55 plate 9-5 aero auto at the moment. Manages 33mpg on a run so your 36 sounds about right for you.

Fancied a 9-3 but it's much harder to get one with all the right options ticked, hence a 9-5.

They're an odd brand and certainly not one i'll stay with for too long, but the value for money they offer is staggering. I could've bought 2 of these for the same price as the equivalent BMW or Audi.

Which options would you consider right, out of interest?

Associate
Which options would you consider right, out of interest?

Heated seats, electric seats and parking sensors were the big ones for me. None of which were standard on the 9-3 aero. Leather and cruise also mandatory but these are standard. Not too fussed about folding mirrors or Cd changer etc..

It depends what you're coming from though, with gadgets, it can be hard to go without again once you've had them.

Soldato
OP
I did quite fancy heated seats but could live without them - electric seats werent a concern as I'm the only one driving the car so it never gets adjusted anyway. Got the parking sensors though :)

Man of Honour
Interestingly I had heated seats in my Mondeo but do not have them in my 5 Series and have never, ever missed them - even in the 'big freeze' the thing I found myself cursing about as I drove down the road in -5c temperatures was not the seats but the lack of a heated steering wheel..

Soldato
OP
I've never owned a car with them - but when I used to get a lift with a friend who had them in his Golf, I used them all the time on cold mornings

Man of Honour
I don't like auto lights because they go straight from Off to Full On. This means you miss the opportunity to pose at dusk with just the Angel Eyes on if you use the auto lights :D

Associate
[TW]Fox;16211651 said:
Interestingly I had heated seats in my Mondeo but do not have them in my 5 Series and have never, ever missed them - even in the 'big freeze' the thing I found myself cursing about as I drove down the road in -5c temperatures was not the seats but the lack of a heated steering wheel..

Whereas I had heated seats in a Mondeo and when driving in the big freeze, I found myself cursing the idiot who bought my 7 series new, specifying every option but heated seats!

Some options I've had and could happily continue living without, but heated seats are a favourite luxury of mine. Electric seats are important not for other people but for the infinite adjustability they offer - often find myself in between 2 ratchets in manual seats! :D

Soldato
Hehe my Jag didn't have heated seats either, had everything else except xenon lights and heated seats. You would have thought the Jag would have them as standard, but alas not until 2005 ...mine was a 2004 car.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Heated front seats used to be standard equipment on all saabs until gm took over the asylum. My 900 was their first car to offer it as an option instead, it was also the first saab to offer heated rear seats. (of which, my car has neither)

Back
Top Bottom