*** Final Fantasy XIII ***

Associate
Thanks

chocobo is after misson 10 i think, i use sazh as well, for the same reason, but i maxed out fangs saboteur as i use that more than her sentinel, but i had enough cp to max out all 3 skill trees while in chapter 11.

Think i will grind some cp then, i use fangs sentinel more, then switch to aggression in stagger.

Any decent mobs for CP grind in chapter 11? (that are easy and reward high)

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Thanks

Think i will grind some cp then, i use fangs sentinel more, then switch to aggression in stagger.

Head to the 2nd checkpoint (after you start Ch11), basically head towards where cocoon is floating in the sky, you will reach a path going into a cave, when you enter it will say 'Mah'Habra - The Maw' (or something like that).

Fight everything from the save point up the path, follow it down the branch to the left, fight all the way to the end (don't open the big door at the end of the path as there's a tough juggernaught in there you'll want to buff up a bit before you fight it), then turn around and fight back to the save point.

Takes about 5-10mins (depending on how strong your party is) and you get about 40-45K CP per run. :)

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Yes, all the FF games are separate, so you don't need to have played any of the previous ones, and the game takes it very easy in introducing the battle system etc.

Soldato

Also, before the entrance to the place mentioned above, there are a king Behemoth and some other dude fighting. Attack and you'll get a pre emptive strike, concentrate on killing the King first, then fill in the other dude for a quick 6600 CP, then turn around and stroll back up the hill and onto the plains and you'll find a big wolf dude and three little wolf dudes with him. You get a free pre emptive strike on these too. Do the little ones first then the big dude and you'll get 3600 CP.

By now the King and wolf dude have re spawned and are fighting. Go back for another 6600 CP and so on, and so on, and so on........

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Chapter 13 is quite tough :eek:

Not tried it yet, I got there, and it said... well... you could go do this chapter and finish the game... oooor you can go through this handy portal and go CP farming and Cie'th questing for lots of lovely shiny things...

At which point my brain exploded as one half was shouting...

"zOMG MUST FIND OUT HOW IT ALL ENDS!!!"

while the other was going

"OMG SHINY SHINY OOOO CP OOOOOOO GOTTA CATCH EM ALL CIE'TH QUESTS!!! OOOOOOOOO"

So i've ended up back on Pulse for the last few hours, going to max out my Stage 9 Crystarium, then I'll go back and kick Ch13's behind.

Soldato
Head to the 2nd checkpoint (after you start Ch11), basically head towards where cocoon is floating in the sky, you will reach a path going into a cave, when you enter it will say 'Mah'Habra - The Maw' (or something like that).

Fight everything from the save point up the path, follow it down the branch to the left, fight all the way to the end (don't open the big door at the end of the path as there's a tough juggernaught in there you'll want to buff up a bit before you fight it), then turn around and fight back to the save point.

Takes about 5-10mins (depending on how strong your party is) and you get about 40-45K CP per run. :)
Is that the same as this bit I found somewhere else?
Personally the best method I've found came from some advice I came across on the forums, which involves fighting Rust Puddings and Cryohedrons in the Mah'habara Mines. If you're weak this is a fast way to make between seven and eleven thousand CP per battle lasting 5-15 seconds. The ideal spot is at a place where you descend a small staircase and find three Cryohedrons at the bottom. A bit further down the path there are three Rust Puddings and one Cryohedron. They are only a few seconds walking distance apart and yet respawn every time you go back and forth. At an average of 10 seconds per battle and 10 seconds traveling, that's about 17 thousand CP every 30 seconds, or about 2.5 million CP per hour.

Associate
quick question how many gamig hours to complete, doing some leveling up and side questing?

im on 32 hours and on capter 11, i imagine if i cracked on i could finish it in about another 5hrs to complete the main story.

but thats a guess im doing as much as i can before finishing

Soldato
Not tried it yet, I got there, and it said... well... you could go do this chapter and finish the game... oooor you can go through this handy portal and go CP farming and Cie'th questing for lots of lovely shiny things...

At which point my brain exploded as one half was shouting...

"zOMG MUST FIND OUT HOW IT ALL ENDS!!!"

while the other was going

"OMG SHINY SHINY OOOO CP OOOOOOO GOTTA CATCH EM ALL CIE'TH QUESTS!!! OOOOOOOOO"

So i've ended up back on Pulse for the last few hours, going to max out my Stage 9 Crystarium, then I'll go back and kick Ch13's behind.

I did the same thing :D Those ceith enemies were annoying me, so I decided to go back and do some missions on pulse.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
im on 32 hours and on capter 11, i imagine if i cracked on i could finish it in about another 5hrs to complete the main story.

but thats a guess im doing as much as i can before finishing

Ch11 and 12 are quite long.

I'm 40hrs in and i'm just on the final chapter, spent about 4hrs or so doing cie'th quests and a bit of CP farming, rest has all been story.

So I reckon with no side tracking you could finish it in about 40hrs, with a bit of CP farming about 45hrs, spending a lot of time doing Cie'th quests and maxing out your Crystarium a good 60hrs+

Soldato
I did about 3 - 4 hours worth of CP farming in Chapter 11 main "plains" area before continuing with the story. Now all of my guys are maxed out at level 4 for their 3 core roles and have about 80,000 CP each... guess I didn't really need to farm after all. Hope the CP doesn't cap itself at 99,999 or that would suck.

Associate
Chris [BEANS];16221041 said:
Also, before the entrance to the place mentioned above, there are a king Behemoth and some other dude fighting. Attack and you'll get a pre emptive strike, concentrate on killing the King first, then fill in the other dude for a quick 6600 CP, then turn around and stroll back up the hill and onto the plains and you'll find a big wolf dude and three little wolf dudes with him. You get a free pre emptive strike on these too. Do the little ones first then the big dude and you'll get 3600 CP.

By now the King and wolf dude have re spawned and are fighting. Go back for another 6600 CP and so on, and so on, and so on........

cheers again, will have to look when i get home ;)

Associate
I did about 3 - 4 hours worth of CP farming in Chapter 11 main "plains" area before continuing with the story. Now all of my guys are maxed out at level 4 for their 3 core roles and have about 80,000 CP each... guess I didn't really need to farm after all. Hope the CP doesn't cap itself at 99,999 or that would suck.

i had 101,000k CP banked earlier for sazh, so u can go over :)

Back
Top Bottom