*** Final Fantasy XIII ***

Soldato
i had 101,000k CP banked earlier for sazh, so u can go over :)

Aye, just hit 140,000 now banked for Sazh... oddly he was the first guy in my whole squad to reach 4/4/4 in his roles (Fang being the slowest). I would have thought Lightning would have been first. Dying to get out of this tower I'm inside on Ch. 11, it's probably the most boring segment of the game so far for me.

Caporegime
CP caps at 999,999. If you don't spend it when it reaches that figure you "waste" it. Sounds like a lot but to complete an additional role for any character you need probably double that.

To complete the Crystarium level you get after Chapter 11 costs you over 1 million iirc. I am sure I had 800K saved up and it was not enough to fill the new Crystarium level, by a long shot.

rp2000

Soldato
Behemoth King? The trick is to beat him before he morphs into his standing up version. By the time you max your characters to Level 5 Roles he will go down in less than 30 seconds :)

rp2000
^^ moved from the FF7 remake thread just incase its confusing to anyone :p

That's the guy, I fought him as soon as I got to Chapter 11, Managed pretty well to be fair until he stood up, fully healed and destroyed me. :o But yeah, I decided to avoid him for a while. Going to level up a little bit, Annoyed at myself a little bit to be honest, When i first got into chapter 11 I had LOADS of CP points, and I wasted a fair few trying to teach Synergist to Vanille. Grrr, Mistake I think at that point in the game :p I like Vanille you see, Just wish she had haste. Her Malboro wand+Saboteur is awesome and I'm sure she'd perform okay as a synergist too

Last edited:
Permabanned
Can any one give me advice is this worth getting. Playing as a girl puts me off a bit as well as the cheesey voice acting, will i still enjoy it?

I played and finshed 7 8 and 9 which i enjoyed. Is the story good? I was gonna rent it but its out and not back till monday :(

Was thinking of getting 7 and 8 instead on the ps store and playing through them again.

Last edited:
Soldato
To be honest, She's very masculine! You could probably get away with pretending its a boy, who happens to be low on testosterone and top heavy.

I would say FFXIII's strongest point is infact its story line. Its like FF12 was inverted and we got FF13. As the story was lacking in 12, yet the gameplay and world was extremely open ended. Where as FF13 isnt as open ended but the storyline is amazing

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Can any one give me advice is this worth getting. Playing as a girl puts me off a bit as well as the cheesey voice acting, will i still enjoy it?

I played and finshed 7 8 and 9 which i enjoyed. Is the story good? I was gonna rent it but its out and not back till monday :(

Was thinking of getting 7 and 8 instead on the ps store and playing through them again.

Really? You'd not play it because the lead character is a girl? :|

Anyway, you don't just play as Light, the game switches about your party for the first 10 chapters, so you end up controlling all the characters.

When you get to Ch11 you can make your own party and control whoever you like as your leader.

Permabanned
Ah that sounds good :)

Think i will pick it up on friday, give me time to finsh dragon age i think.

I dont mind playing as girl as girl as such. But they are role playing games it helps me into the game more if i can play as a guy i guess. Its jsut the way i play them games i always focus on the main char making him the most powerful.

Plus with a lot of great games out atm the min that i could buy i didnt wanna buy it and be dissapointed with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lightning is basically just a female version of Cloud, only without the typical amnesia whining emo cliches. She is a very serious character.

Behemoth King's are really easy if you pre-emptive strike and then use a Commando to launch them in the air and keep them there until dead. Few occasions where they still stand-up and regenerate their HP, but otherwise, they are very easy when done right.

Caporegime
Anyone with the guide know where to get the Gale Ring? Can't see it in any shops nor in any of the info sheets on enemies I have Libra'd.

I have 1 ring, and I am fairly sure I sold one copy of it so they must be available somehow.

Struggling with mission 64 so figured I would try this ring, en masse, as the enemy is using Wind attacks on me.

rp2000

Soldato
I remember the Gale ring, I think you got it out of one of the treasure orb things.. Theres a certain section with 4 of those penguin looking enemies dancing round a treasure orb, I think it was in that(Really early in chapter 11). I've not gotten one from a drop yet, or any of the early missions. but i've definately had one of those.

Soldato
Zephyr Ring was avaliable in a treasure orb at the Archylte Steppe in the Arid Strath area and a Gale Ring can be had from the Taijen's Tower. If you sold those then I guess you are ****. Unless a certain monster drops them which I'll have to look up.

EDIT - Says in the guide that Mark Mission 64 has probably the toughest enemy in the game so no surprise you are finding it difficult.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Zephyr Ring was avaliable in a treasure orb at the Archylte Steppe in the Arid Strath area and a Gale Ring can be had from the Taijen's Tower. If you sold those then I guess you are ****. Unless a certain monster drops them which I'll have to look up.

EDIT - Says in the guide that Mark Mission 64 has probably the toughest enemy in the game so no surprise you are finding it difficult.

Does the guide elaborate on the exact area of the Zephyr Ring? The Archylte area is huge so I may have missed that Treasure Orb.

rp2000

Soldato
My mistake I mis-read Treasure Orb C as O LOL!!! I should have turned on my bloody lights beforehand.

Anyways "O" is guarded by one of the giant Adamanwhatever near by the area with Savepoint and Behemoth King that leads down to Mah'Habara.

And it looks like those elemental resistance rings you cannot buy in the shops. So if one has sold them off, then what a huge mistake that is hard to know about. You'd have to find other accessories to build up resistances or know which mosnter might drop them.

Soldato
You could also if need be buy a Witch's Bracelet from one of the stores and upgrade it into a Magus' Bracelet, would net you with +30% magic resist I think when capped out (I'm assuming this is a global resist to all forms of magic, including Wind).

Soldato
Okay even more confusion. O was a C because in the guide, there are two maps for the Archylte Steppe. One map is for when you reach the area for the first time and contains little information, and the second map is one that includes all the new side areas and more information on it. So the treasure orb for it is at Arid Strath, the area that leads to the Chocobo's nest.

Caporegime
Okay even more confusion. O was a C because in the guide, there are two maps for the Archylte Steppe. One map is for when you reach the area for the first time and contains little information, and the second map is one that includes all the new side areas and more information on it. So the treasure orb for it is at Arid Strath, the area that leads to the Chocobo's nest.

I have visited the Chocobo area loads of times, so I must have opened and sold that treasure :( (I have already opened the one guarded by Adamantchelid as well).

My mistake I mis-read Treasure Orb C as O LOL!!! I should have turned on my bloody lights beforehand.

Anyways "O" is guarded by one of the giant Adamanwhatever near by the area with Savepoint and Behemoth King that leads down to Mah'Habara.

And it looks like those elemental resistance rings you cannot buy in the shops. So if one has sold them off, then what a huge mistake that is hard to know about. You'd have to find other accessories to build up resistances or know which mosnter might drop them.

Unfortunately I sold a fair few of the elemental items as they seemed useless to me. Not had to use one yet and I only have the Mission 64 and Long Gui to beat. Just my luck it would be useful against one of the last bosses!!!

You could also if need be buy a Witch's Bracelet from one of the stores and upgrade it into a Magus' Bracelet, would net you with +30% magic resist I think when capped out (I'm assuming this is a global resist to all forms of magic, including Wind).

Might have to try "general" magic defences. I have a Witch's bracelet, Rune Bracelet and Imperial Armlet so I can try or buy more of those.

I can only equip 2 of each per person as I have 2 slots reserved for accessories which give the "Instant Chain" bonus which helps, I hope.

rp2000

Soldato
All day today, I have been thinking about this game :( Not had that in a while!

It has managed to push BC2 out of my mind, which is a big thing lol.

Having a quick smoke then jumping right in.

ags

Caporegime
More help needed :(

Mission 24 is supposed to be a good one to Farm. Trouble is I cannot find how to reach it. It was one of the mandatory missions in Taejins Tower, it is on the 5th floor but I cannot reach half of the 5th floor area by the main lift.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Edit: Ignore, there is a special lift between floors 4 and 5 I missed

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom