*** OcUK Powerlifting Totals ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
OP
Didn't have anyone to video unfortunately :( I hope you take my word for it. Happy to try and arrange it if not. :)

I just need that 240kg on deads and I'll be a happy boy! :D

I need to give 200kg squat another go but deeper.

Soldato
Why wouldn't I believe you? :confused:

It seems like a logical improvement as your strength has been ever increasing. Especially with some AGVT it's deffinatley possible imo. And is in a good proportion to your other lifts.

240 dead is easily acheivable for you, with *good* form, wouldn't be *perfect* but if it goes from A to B with a respectable form it counts in my books.

Man of Honour
OP
No no I wasn't saying you wouldn't - but I know as a rule, we tend to like to have evidence. :) I don't want to take my position as "established" for granted if you see what I mean. :)

Associate
3 pb's tonight!!

bench - 220kg
squat - 315kg
deads - 405kg!!

oh, i also dropped 40kg on bodyweight, so now 85kg

what you mean you want a vid?!?! !! !! !

I dont believe those numbers, having seen pics of Morba i can tell from his tiny traps that end just above his ears that he's never deadlifted in his life :)

Associate
Woohoo Just smashed my squat PB

Bought some knee wraps for saftey as have always had a weak left knee (osgodslaters disease!) anyway with these wraps my target was 220KG tonight this was my workout...oh with a belt also!

:)

60x10 (raw)
100x10 (raw)
140x8 (Raw, saving energy)
180x4 (Raw, saving energy)
210x1 (Belt Wraps)
220x1 (Belt Wraps)
230x1 (Belt Wraps)
180x9 (Raw another PB for reps!! and just for kicks to finish with a burn!!)

i know its with aids IE belt and wraps but they are safty more than anything the majority of peeps lifting more than double thier own weight wear them!

So total now =

Squat 230
Dead 235 (Cant wait till over injury!!!)
Bench 152

total = 617 - at last over 600K

Associate
230x1 (Belt Wraps)

Nice work Mate.

Decided last night i need to know where i am before i launch fully into my current program so did a kind of in gym comp and got.

Squat - 200kg (raw), 230kg (Belt and wraps, hood up), 240kg fail (Belt and wraps, hood down)

Bench - 130kg, 140kg, 145kg (all with wrist wraps)

Deadlift - 220kg, 260kg, 280kg Fail (all with Belt)

Total of 635kg

Squat was dissapointing, bottled it a bit and didnt hit depth, should have put my hood up as everyone squats heavier with their hoodie up. Bench was fairly effortless so i expect more there soon. Deadlift failed at my usual sticking point just below the knee so more rack pulls needed i think.

Wanted to film it but there were no other competent trainers around so needed my partner and the 1 decent guy i could find to spot, will do this again at the end of my current cycle on a monday so plenty of big lads about.

Associate
Thanks guys!

I need to get my deads sorted they are holding me back!

I twisted a ligement about 5 months ago... rested it for ages but now according to my physio my "deep muscle" has gone to sleep in my right glute and lower back...

So need to just ease back into it... bit disapointing really...I recon i have a 240 squat in me next week... my training partner has a stomach bug so didnt wanna push it on my own!

Guys anyone have any info or advice on avoiding busted capilaries?? everytime i squat heavy i end up looking like a oily 14yr old! my face has about 9 busted blood vessels in YUCK! my neck and shoulders are the same but thats not so bad...

New target for this Xmas = 700Kg total

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom