Your bike and great scenery (pics)

Soldato
Europe is so easy to do, especially if you are already down south.

Better roads, better drivers, friendlier people, awesome scenery - just give your bike the once over, sort out European break down cover and just point your bike south east!

Soldato
Europe is so easy to do, especially if you are already down south.

Better roads, better drivers, friendlier people, awesome scenery - just give your bike the once over, sort out European break down cover and just point your bike south east!

Sounds brilliant, how much on average would you say price wise and mileage for a week?

ags

Soldato
I find unless your camping you need to plan your where your going and where the bike friendly / secure parking hotels etc are.

You really dont.

There are guesthouses everywhere. If you're going to a town just locate the Tourist Information and they will a) speak english, and b) give you a list of the local hotels and b&b's that have vacancies.

The trip we did last week was the first time we'd had accommodation planned (for the first couple of nights). Every other trip we just found somewhere at the end of the day. We did almost come unstuck this time though - arrived in Ypres, a very pretty and normally very quiet little town, to find it was hosting a stage of a big national Rally. Went to tourist info who said the whole town was booked up, but then one woman remembered a B&B that had a cancellation for a triple room. Fate I guess!

I can recommend this place though: http://www.hotelzurpost-klotten.de/

Specific bikers hotel with a great location, great food and a garage with full service facilities :)

Normally though we just find B&B's

Soldato
Sounds brilliant, how much on average would you say price wise and mileage for a week?

ags

hhmm, let me think...last weeks trip:

Hull > Zebrugge, then Bastogne (Ardennes), Luxembourg, Klotten (Mosel), Baden Baden incl D500 (Black forest), Nurburgring, Ypres for WW1 site seeing, Bruges, Zebrugge > Hull, done from Sunday to Saturday (2 overnight ferry crossings, 5 days of riding in Europe)

Ferry crossing: £110
Petrol for 1400 miles: £150
Accommdation for 4 nights: £135 (2 nights on ferry included in the ferry price)
Meals and gateaux stops - about £150 (we ate well!)

Total: £550 ish plus other bits and pieces I've forgotten about.

You could do it cheaper obviously, but we like good living on these trips!

Associate
Isle of Mull on the B8035 about 3 weeks ago.
small1.jpg

Overlooking Lock Leven near Glencoe
small2.jpg

B8043 Road next to Loch Linnhe
small3.jpg

Not mine, but worthy of a post.

Elan Valley Powys WALES
100_8078.jpg

Back
Top Bottom