**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Permabanned
****, 6 losses in a row. Now I won't be moving up to Platinum any time soon. :(

Oh well, that's what I get for playing when I'm half-asleep. :o

Associate
I think changes definitely do need to be made with the queens inject, perhaps make it auto cast, but this may make things a little to easy. To keep up production mid game is quite a headache, even with the mini map-inject trick.

Autocast would be a sad sad day for Starcraft

Soldato
I'm not complaining about the Zerg Macro mechanics btw. But they are certainly more complicated than Toss/Terran players make out, and no where near as forgiving as the other races.

I agree with that, we have to actually think about larva consumption, can jsut power drones like people seem to think. If we spend 6 larva on powering drones, thats 12 zerglings we're missing in the early game. which is essential for map control.

However, its just how the race plays, and most people just havn't learnt how to fly Zerg as a race yet.

ok lets look:
vikings - no go even on mass (but then vikings are weak against them anyway)
thors - were, but now everyone used the box trick and thors are just useless - this was the only unit to put up a good fight with mutas, and has effectively been nerfed by the community.
marines - even on mass get taken down quickly.
ghosts - a reasonable counter, but the chances of having ghosts late game is very rare.
turrents - a reasonable counter, but essentially makes you turtle.

there was a few recent pro games that showed have mental mutas are but cant remember what they are....lol.
anyway .... i dont like zerg anymore. ;) ;)

so terran dont really have any GOOD counter for them!

By the time Zerg has 6 mutas, Terran can have a thor and anything between 10-20 marines. Mutas arent there to kill a terran, they are for making Terran go Thor heavy and then Zerg takes a switch to a roach heavy build, maybe with Infestor.

-Turrets can be used and imo don't make a Terran turtle, 1-2 turrets (200minerals) is enough to put off any muta harass.
-Vikings just arent the correct counter
- Marines by this time will always have stim, if you go near stimmed marines with mutas then your asking for trouble.
- Thors, goes without saying, they rip mutas to bits. even with the box trick, thors will always have backup from other AA, normally marines as their a good mineral dump. not to mention, Terran goig mech will always have SCV to repair.

End fo the day, Terran have by far the most and best AA in the game. Mutas are deffinatly not overpowered and quite easily countered.
however, Zerg should always go down this tech IMO to get a decent harass going.

not to mention the spire takes a million years to build ^^

Zerg are by far the easiest race to accumulate a good economy with.

In theory they are the easiest, because they can build X amout of drones in one go. But then we sacrifice our army, and are totally vulnerable. Zerg macro is mostly about larva management in the early stages. Late game its not so bad because we have much more!

It would indeed! :(
I say jsut leave it as it is, its a mechanic of the game that works, people just need to learn it like anything else.

Last edited:

kar

kar

Associate
For those with some time, the korean GSL comp is underway and you can watch todays game's here live: http://www.livestream.com/xsebt

Surprised at the low level of play from some of the Koreans. The top 'foreigners' are definitely ahead I think. Dunno when we see Check and Tester though.

Artosis: 'Banshees are like bad dreams I used to have in SC1, like a dark templar with wings, and range 6'. Hah!

Last edited:

TMP

TMP

Associate

Yes I totally agree and I was really into WC3! It just seems that injecting is too unforgiving currently even the best of the best zerg players are not executing it perfectly (eg Idra as stated earlier).

I'm still trying to learn the timing correctly and do miss inject quite allot, I justthink that something need to be changed, not necessarily to make it 'easier', just a bit more hardy.

Associate
Done my 5 test matches and got placed in Platinum, now getting owned every match by people with 100+ games under their belt

Every game so far I have seen a different rush tactic, which owns me in 8mins

Associate
Done my 5 test matches and got placed in Platinum, now getting owned every match by people with 100+ games under their belt

Every game so far I have seen a different rush tactic, which owns me in 8mins

How many of your placement matches did you won?If I remember correctly I lost all five of them(or lost 4 won 1)got placed in Bronze,currently 3rd in Gold and expecting to be promoted to Platinum soon.Took a lot of games to get here though :(

Associate
How many of your placement matches did you won?If I remember correctly I lost all five of them(or lost 4 won 1)got placed in Bronze,currently 3rd in Gold and expecting to be promoted to Platinum soon.Took a lot of games to get here though :(

won 4 out for 5, only one I lost was against a zergling rush.

All the other matches I out played them, but I have never been a big rush player

Soldato
From bronze to diamond took me 300 games, 130 of which were lost...most of them because of rushes since I am too lazy to check my base and area close to it or not walling off as soon as possible.

Associate
Whats inefficient about it?

4 out of the 5 placement matches I played, the people I played had hardly any matches against their names.

I think it might just pick someone from each league and see how you do, but if the person you play against is a noob to that league its not very balanced.

I think I would have preferred to just work my way up, and had fun doing so, not much fun getting owned by all the hardcore players

Back
Top Bottom