Windows experience index

Associate
Put a new pc together tonight and ran the wei and im not too pleased with the results :(

Specs are:
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 mobo
Amd quad 955 cpu
Corsair xms3 1600 memory [4gig]
Samsung f3 1tb hd
onboard 4250 gpu [for now]
Coolermaster cm690 ii with a coolermaster gx650w psu

My ratings are:
Processor 7.3
memory 5.9??
graphics 4.6 [expected]
gaming graphics 5.5
primary hard disk 5.9

do these sound right or something simple i need to do??

Help appreciated

EDC

EDC

Associate
yes you need to ignore Windows Experience Index, nothing wrong with your system that a new graphics card can't put right, but you know that already,
as for the rest of the figures well if your system is running OK ... forget about them, they're just figures. WEI may be helpful to someone thinking of installing
W7 but isn't sure if his /her components are up to scratch, your system certainly doesn't fall into that category. Plus I don't entirely trust WEI anyway because
I've had different results using the same components.

Last edited:
Associate
Just to let you know, the windows experience index is not a good benchmark. Memtest is the usual memory diagnostic tool, and is available on almost all linux live CDs.

It seems that the memory is the only thing to be concerned about from those figures, have you set up the modules to run in dual channel mode with the correct frequency and timings? Check (either in the BIOS or in CPU-Z) for DRAM frequency (either 1600 or 800 depending on format) and Command Rate (should be 2 - if it is 1, many).

Associate
OP
Just to let you know, the windows experience index is not a good benchmark. Memtest is the usual memory diagnostic tool, and is available on almost all linux live CDs.

It seems that the memory is the only thing to be concerned about from those figures, have you set up the modules to run in dual channel mode with the correct frequency and timings? Check (either in the BIOS or in CPU-Z) for DRAM frequency (either 1600 or 800 depending on format) and Command Rate (should be 2 - if it is 1, many).

Thanks for the replies...

the only thing i could see to change was ram freq in bios changed it to 1600mhz. There is another option to manually input latencies but i have left that to auto?

In cpu-z im getting 720mhz dram frequency? does this sound right?

I was also concerned on the low hd score, im sure iv seen people on here list the same hd at 7+?

I have only changed the mem freq in bios nothing else. Is there anything anybody would recommend i do?

Thanks

Caporegime
If you're running Windows Vista I think the maximum HD score is 5.9, this increased to 7.9 with Windows 7.

That memory should ideally be running at 800MHz.

Soldato
lol

Just use the Profile Settings for the memory mate and you'll be auto set @ volts and timings ;)
I had to use DOCP and Profile 1 for the correct ones (All settings get auto detected)

Back
Top Bottom