DnB thread!

Gee

Gee

Soldato
i'm not really a fan of that track, some of his stuff i like, but ultimately i just prefer the european way of doing d'n'b

I'm not that keen on LK tbh, much prefer the MIST remix. And I'll have to agree with you on that the Europeans are killing the scene at the moment, all the Russian, Estonia and Czech cats are smashing it!!

Gee

Gee

Soldato

Everyone's using that O'Jays sample now, first Stereotype then Phil Tangent, and now Marky & SPY!

Both will be forthcoming on Marky's Innerground Recs. sometime in the future I imagine. Love it.

Soldato
I loved DnB back 12 years ago when I first started listening to it, and visiting CocoSheeBeen in the Opera House.
Now I think its rubbish, likes of Pendulum and such.

My top 3 all time tracks.

and a hard to get cd I would recommend. Pure Drum and Bass, mixed by grooverider.
Amazing,

Caporegime
I loved DnB back 12 years ago when I first started listening to it, and visiting CocoSheeBeen in the Opera House.
Now I think its rubbish, likes of Pendulum and such.

Ah come off it, there's loads of great stuff. Problem is most of the stuff that hits the mainstream is watered down and you get people shouting LOL DNB IS CRAP LOL.

:cool:

Caporegime
Yeah but whatever I post will be dismissed by you becaue you picked three genre defining tracks that seemed ordinary at the time but they had a massive influence on the whole genre. Hard to say what current tracks will have the same impact. My point is that there's much more to Drum & Bass than Pendulum (who don't even see themselves as a D&B act any more) - the last few videos I posted prove that.

Anyway dBridge post bad company - see The Gemini Principle, Q Project is still around with Total Science releasing some great tunes (see above) and Blokhe4d (Vegas from BC and another producer) are coming out with some great releases too. So all the names from back in the day are still around and making great music. Don't label it all crap.

Soldato
Yeah but whatever I post will be dismissed by you becaue you picked three genre defining tracks that seemed ordinary at the time but they had a massive influence on the whole genre. Hard to say what current tracks will have the same impact. My point is that there's much more to Drum & Bass than Pendulum (who don't even see themselves as a D&B act any more) - the last few videos I posted prove that.

Anyway dBridge post bad company - see The Gemini Principle, Q Project is still around with Total Science releasing some great tunes (see above) and Blokhe4d (Vegas from BC and another producer) are coming out with some great releases too. So all the names from back in the day are still around and making great music. Don't label it all crap.

I wouldn't do that at all, in fact I said they were just my 3 most favourite tracks, (and they were never consider ordinary, they were the tracks that made you get back to your tired feet after 6hrs of raving) they were my favs then and are now, I could pick another 10 of similar style if you like and they would still be better than most things produced now.
DnB has changed, but unlike dance music doesn't have individual sub genres. For instance, I like electro but hate hardhouse. I hate pendulum but they probably should have a class of their own.

I like to think of a few.... Jungle, Soul, Grimey, Speed etc.
I will still urge you to post you three good tracks from the last two years, cause I bet you wont as you know that there isn't much worth posting.
I cant explain exactly why but DnB now seems to have 1 to many beats or snares. Its become faster, less rhythmic, to much like some sort of crap cross between DnB and Hardcore, the treble is to high and there are no dark interludes or breaks, just constant repeating boredom.
What twist3dOn3 posted is a prime example. Pendulum dross.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Easiest way to separate styles of Drum & Bass is by record label, more or less every one has it's own sound. From Jump Up & Drumstep on True Playaz all the way to the other end of the spectrum where you have Exit Records, Autonomic & Non Plus

I've already posted 10 or so tracks from the last two years in this thread already, all in varying styles - from Original Sin to Polska!. Overall the standard of production is much higher IMO. There is a huge amount of junk around I will admit so finding what you like can be hard but keep an open mind :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Just to follow up, im going to post dnb tracks as they were and should still be. There not Genre defining, there just perfect examples of why everything now is ****

Actually these two were genre defining, and I will never forget them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom