What's the worst food mistake you've made?

Soldato
The jacket potato i tried to cook on the camp fire at reading a few years back that could have done with another half hour or so to bake.

Soldato
Came home drunk one night and saw that we had some southern fried chicken in the freezer, I couldn't be arsed waiting for the oven to warm up then another 20-30 mins on top so I just popped it in the microwave for 5 minutes,

Worst idea ever, it tasted ok (as far as I can remember) but I didn't leave the bathroom for a couple of days after

Associate
...it ended up on the Cornflakes for breakfast and it was absolutely disgusting :p
A housemate last year tried ale (good local stuff too!) on Weetabix and told me it was disgusting, so I tried it myself. It was disgusting. Not sure it counts though because I was expecting it to be bad.

Worst *unexpected* food combination I'm not sure about. I can think of a few that turned out pretty well though, such as custard creams broken up and mixed in with curry. Cooking oil with cocoa pops wasn't as bad as I expected.

Oh, actually I've just remembed something: pineapple chunks with custard (made it out in Malawi too having spent the whole day trekking). Pretty much nobody ate it; I think I managed half of mine. Turns out pineapple juice has a protein in that means it doesn't mix well with some things.

Soldato
On holiday me and a few mates got in at 7am, we were starving and only had supernoodles but no water, the obvious solution was to use Budweiser lol

Tasted horid

Soldato
Roughly ten years ago I was at the start of my cannabis downward spiral and decide I was to lazy to make a cake/brownie, so I put an ounce of powdered down resin into a saucepan full of pasta bake sauce (DUMBEST THING I'VE EVER DONE).

To begin with I thought this was brilliant until slowly but surely the feeling kept increasing (BAD TIMES). For three days this kept getting more and more intense by the minute lol, every sound or movement was like Godzilla with a megaphone. My recently departed mother took me up the hospital where I was given this charcoal stuff to drink.

Associate
When I was younger I always used to see Cartoons where the characters were eating Cookies. They had steam coming out of them like they were fresh out of the Oven and it used to make my mouth water... So I got a Cookie out of the cupboard, put it in the Microwave for about five minutes to try and get the same effect. The Cookie and the Microwave caught on fire.

Associate
breakfast one morning, chocolate shreddies and OJ, what could go wrong? Well the orange juice ended up with the cereal and milk in the glass. What a waste of OJ and cereal :( (was disgusting btw) I'm not a morning person my brain doesn't turn on until past 10.

Permabanned
Munching on a pasty of questionable hygiene :(

A load of us stormed our local Wetherspoons on a night out (20-30 of us) to do a boat race. The twist in the tale was we each had a banana and after necking a pint of cider and black we then had to 'down' the banana. I hate bananas, their texture and smell alone makes me wretch. Trying to hold down a pint of cider and black with a mouth crammed full of banana was something I feel I should have received a medal for - little shots of puke coming up into my mouth and mixing with masticated banana. FML.

Man of Honour
Generally I've been pretty lucky with cooking and haven't ended up with anything completely inedible, I did make a macaroni cheese with mustard in it which I thought was a little bit too strong but the mates I was making it for seemed to enjoy it.

In terms of drinking I think the worst was probably running out of alcohol at the end of the night and someone suggesting we shot spirit vinegar instead. It wasn't pleasant but I fared rather better than my other mates - one had to spit it out and the other vomited, that I did neither meant that apparently I should do it again to prove it wasn't a fluke. The prevailing theory was "you're a vegetarian and are used to eating nasty **** so it's an unfair competition". :D

//edit I've had the cereal and orange juice quite a few times when not really thinking in the morning - it's not too bad although that is with Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.

Soldato
I made a chinese chicken curry the other night, used chinese curry powder, an onion, some nice chicken, and garden peas, I tasted it and thought it wasn't hot enough, so chopped up a birds eye chilli about 2 1/2 inches long....needless to say it was waaay too spicy and I left half of it...

EDIT: Also had a 'ring of fire' the next day, and every fart I released was strong enough to take paint off walls...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom