***SPOILERS***(Real) Football 01-05 Apr 2010/2011

Caporegime
Good list of our FA punishments:

The only player to be banned for 8 months for missing a drugs test
The only player to be banned for writing an autobiography
The only player to get banned for getting into handbags with a racist groundsman outside of match-time
The only club for whom red cards in friendlies lead to suspension in the league
The only manager who gets banned for saying the ref was not "fair and strong"
The longest ever ban for violent conduct in Premier League history (not that Eric didn't deserve a long ban, but how long would Shearer have got for the same offence? A couple of months I reckon)
The only player to get banned for swearing during a goal celebration

:rolleyes:

Didn't Fergie say he feared the worst with Atkinson being the referee? He had that one coming tbh.
Eric i don't know, it was a bit different to a punch to a fan for example think it would have happened to most.

Agreed with some of the rest being a bit stupid, although i wouldn't say Man United are the only club they act with complete stupidity towards.

If Rooney gets a 2 game ban for that, Essien should probably get a 20 game ban, bloody ridiculous, and i ****ing hate Rooney.

Soldato
LoLFA

What do you expect from the bunch of muppets.

I expect every single player who swears anywhere near a camera from now on to be banned, I also expect every manager who dare criticise a match referee to be handed a 2 match ban.
Avram Grant just has been given a 2 match ban and fined.

So some consistency.

Soldato
No idea, there's no use in trying to work out the FA's motive I suppose, was just a thought

for the record I meant "many" calls rather than "any"

Well you certainly got it right about no-one being able to work out the FA's motives.....well apart from making the FA Cup and the league more exciting I guess by unfairly banning a critical player

Not so worried about the Fulham game - means WR is fully rested for the CL 2nd leg at OT, but it will be a miracle for Utd to now get through what is effectively an away game without him with a win.

Soldato
The following connection is, frankly, hilarious. Thank you, Wikipedia.

David Bernstein is the current FA chairman and now moral arbiter of the world and oversaw Rooney being charged for using inappropriate language.

David Bernstein was the non-executive chairman of French Connection was in charge of the company when they launched their first "FCUK" ad campaigning.

****ing hypocrite!

Soldato
and why did it start with Ferguson then?

What about Wenger, Holloway, Moyes, Mancini...............

It's about making an example of MU and their players again.
He is one of the biggest managers in the world and they wanted to make an example of him like you say.
Wenger, Holloway, Moyes and Mancini made comments since Ferguson?
I thought it was just Avram.

Permabanned
I'm on about all season, why did it have to start with Fergie getting a 5 match ban?

Avram? Do you know him personally or something?

Man of Honour
I've seen nearly every player that has scored a goal somewhere near the camera shout something along the lines of "Get the **** in!"

While Rooney's was slightly worse, where do you draw the line?

Permabanned
I've seen nearly every player that has scored a goal somewhere near the camera shout something along the lines of "Get the **** in!"

While Rooney's was slightly worse, where do you draw the line?

Is he a United player? - Ban and fine

Non United player - Oooh he's a cheeky monkey and he had just scored a hat trick, he got excited.

Caporegime
In the end it doesn't matter, this sort of crap will continue to happen several times a season and we'll still have to put up with the "United get favourable treatment" crap from morons that dislike United more than they like their own team.

fez

fez

Caporegime
As you say, its not surprising. I couldn't fathom how rio got his 8 month ban for missing a drugs test when he agreed to take it the same day or the next, I can't remember which. It was madness.

They should just tell tv to bugger of to be honest. If you want to show the games then expect to see the occasional thing that might offend some. If you interview a manager after the game they why the hell are you surprised if they give their opinion.

It is all perfectly poised to screw up. Add in a large splash of tabloid journalism about their personal lives, analysing their every move with harsh criticism and its all set.

Put a referee who's only job is to watch and officiate into a situation where he has no vested interest in who scores, what the score is and they are immune from scrutiny.

Players on the other hand have all the pressure, the adrenaline and having seven shade of **** kicked out of them sometime on the pitch and they are expected to be perfect.

Back
Top Bottom