This country is full of thickos.

Soldato
I work in a place where I speak to the general public on a daily basis, not from one area - but from all over the country. I really am astounded by the amount of people who can't turn a computer on, are genuinely thick and completely irritating.

Anyone want to share any thick customer stories?

Caporegime
I work in a place where I speak to the IT department on a daily basis, not for one area - but for all over the region. I really am astounded by the amount of IT goons who can't fix my computer, are genuinely socially incompetent and completely irritating.

Anyone want to share any thick IT stories?

Permabanned
Hmmm, another uni story ....

When I had to start using Macs for the first time, I couldnt find the power button and actually had to text a friend asking how to switch it on because the technician was on a 15 min break.

I didnt know that the power button was on the back! I was searching all over for the on / off button and couldnt find it :(

/embarrassed.

Soldato
I suspect someone who's not into IT in the slightest but is into mathematics could say the same about us technologically minded folk not being able to work out some simple algebra/mathematical problem.

Soldato
I work in a place where I speak to the general public on a daily basis, not from one area - but from all over the country. I really am astounded by the amount of people who can't turn a computer on, are genuinely thick and completely irritating.

Anyone want to share any thick customer stories?

:D

It may be that they are novice PC users but expert in their respective fields. However as for being irritating, I think it is true. You will come across many people who are idiots, unfriendly, obnoxious etc:p

Soldato
facebook also shows up the lack of intelligence in the country. But yes, I agree that people are generally thick. It's like, Schooling is over with, May aswell turn off my brain now

I think blame it on xfactor, soap operas like east enders, corrie, aussies soaps like home and away which I believe are full of ****. They don't teach any thing useful in life especially east enders. I hate it with guts.

But I also wonder who are the people who design and manufacture large ships, aircrafts, infrastructure, cars etc:confused:

Permabanned
I was reminded of this:

howdidshegethired201104.png

Soldato
My mate once installed a new graphics card in his Dell for better WoW experience, but after doing so couldn't understand why the screen wasn't working. All the lads were going round his for pre-drinks later, upon arrival he told me of his dilema. I went and had a quick look. He'd installed the new GPU correctly, just failed to disconnect the monitor cable from the on board graphics and over to the new GPU.

So not exactly a customer, but still a good one.

Another one, when I used to work in Costa Coffee at uni, I was working the coffee machine and the guy on the till was getting some hassle from a couple of customers. Apparently the day before they had come in, purchased coffee's some cakes and a bag of macaroons. They drank their coffee's ate their cake, left and forgot to pick up their macaroons on the way out. So here they were, trying to tell my mate that they were taking a packet of macaroons for free because they had left them on the table. Assistant manager comes up, tells them they can't and its their fault for leaving it on the table and they bugger of out the shop.

Soldato
Ages ago when I worked at college, a women once came down with a floppy disk which supposedly had a virus, she asked whether she should keep it in the same vicinity as her other floppy disks in case they caught the virus off it..

Back
Top Bottom