Ok

Associate
I'm now 6 weeks away from major exams/coursework which incorporate a years worth of intense study.

I'd be suprised if there wasn't a whole load of students in your situation (I was one of them), six weeks is plenty of time. Get your head down, celebrate when you pass your second year then think about what you will do.

Caporegime
I'll definitely be joining at officers level. A-Level's are not the greatest but I'm in a fantastic university (top 10) thanks to a good story. :)

erm I wouldn't necessarily be so sure about that - do you have any military experience at the moment? You're certainly going to have some awkward questions at Westbury re: dropping out.

Joining without a degree is one thing, joining after dropping out of a degree course however won't look good. I do know of a uni dropout who commissioned however I'm pretty sure he passed RCB before dropping out of uni.

Might well be worthwhile joining your local TA or RMR unit while you go through the process/decide if its for you etc...

Associate
I'm sure there is a wide variation of risk, you are quite right.

I'm infantry and I don't think the risk is that great, definitely dangerous but you'll be very unlucky to get hurt. We're certainly not cannon fodder, if an op has too much risk we do it a different way, soldiers are quite expensive to train, so you don't waste them.

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;19101830 said:
Sort your life out and if that means going in to the Army then do this. If it doesn't then don't.

You're 21 years old, legally an adult (let's ignore what your post says about you for a moment), and should be able to work out what you think are positive things to introduce into your life.

Stop being such a dick and just get on with it.

really dont see the point why you bother even replying to posts
all you do is insult people

Soldato
You're still young - It seems like there are loads of people in your position and many of them just go "Screw it - I'll just go into the Army" - Why don't you try and just get a job...

Soldato
As long as you're healthy I think the army would be a good move if you have no other ideas. Out of interest, how come you dropped out of university?

Soldato
Don't just join the Army without looking at the other services first, Navy and more importantly, the RAF!

I was in a similar position to yourself 3 years ago when I finally admitted that I had a real motivation problem. The military helped me a lot, but it's not the only answer and definitely not always the right one.

RAF would be my personal choice. obviously it's different depending on the person.

I was 20.

What section were you in? army, navy or RAF

Personally I can't think of much worse than joining the fighting forces of the military. I actually quite like the discipline aspect of it and find that appealing, but on the other hand, you can die. The latter part makes it a total non-option for me. Someone I know trained with the marines and was shipped out to Afghanistan, as soon as he got there his vehicle went over a mine and he was blown to bits. You can go on about the career, the rewarding sides etc as much as you like, but it doesn't stop people coming home in body bags.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do :)

completely agree with you. I was more interested in the RAF because i'd feel a lot safer in a C-17 globemaster or a typhoon than I would out on the front. I mean, I have a heart attack playing FPS games FFS!

Also, I detest guns.

Soldato
Good man, I'm RAF myself don't you know :p

You'll have to do weapons tests if you join up, best get over that hatred as you'll make one your best friend for a while :D

:D what exactly did you do. I'm thinking c-17 or eurofighter :D
Maybe logistics.
I'm ok with weapons but the rifles they use really don't look like thy could kill someone. they're so plasticy - they look like toys FFS!

Soldato
I say go for it, whats the worst that can happen!

full-metal-jacket-pdvd_009011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom