**HAZRO HZ27WA & HZ27WC ARRIVING SOON INCLUDING NONE-GLASS VERSIONS!**

Caporegime
Really dunno what to do on this one, tempted to get the non glass version but font really want to pay for the bells and whistles one, but I do like to tinker with my dells osd when I got them, I dont want to pay the extra just for that

What I guess I'm basically asking is ....is it worth selling my u24 and swapping it for one of these to go along side my u27, not long to decide.

Looks like I would also have to factor in an adjustable vesa mount which the dell already has

Yes or no?

Associate
Really dunno what to do on this one, tempted to get the non glass version but font really want to pay for the bells and whistles one, but I do like to tinker with my dells osd when I got them, I dont want to pay the extra just for that

What I guess I'm basically asking is ....is it worth selling my u24 and swapping it for one of these to go along side my u27, not long to decide.

Looks like I would also have to factor in an adjustable vesa mount which the dell already has

Yes or no?

I was really struggling to decide which one to go for as well 'C' or 'A'. If the 'C' had an HDMI I would have gone for that easy. But as it only has Dual-DVI, I decided to go for the 'A' version instead.
Scalers do come in handy for 1:1 mapping of 1080p content on consoles, but I have never used the pip funciton on my TV and doubt I would on this.

They come pretty well calibrated and my messing with the OSD actually worsened the picture. Got the settings off the TFTCentral site in the end.

The stand is pretty bad. Functional but flimsy.

Be aware of the screws if you vesa mount, there was some issues about the screw length in one of the hazro problem threads.

Caporegime
I was really struggling to decide which one to go for as well 'C' or 'A'. If the 'C' had an HDMI I would have gone for that easy. But as it only has Dual-DVI, I decided to go for the 'A' version instead.
Scalers do come in handy for 1:1 mapping of 1080p content on consoles, but I have never used the pip funciton on my TV and doubt I would on this.

They come pretty well calibrated and my messing with the OSD actually worsened the picture. Got the settings off the TFTCentral site in the end.

The stand is pretty bad. Functional but flimsy.

Be aware of the screws if you vesa mount, there was some issues about the screw length in one of the hazro problem threads.

Oh really? Maybe it will be too much faff especially if the vesa mount isn't up to much, a non fully adjustable stand is useless to me, indeed if thats the case the u24 is worth more to me, these hazros, they never seem to convince me

Associate
Oh really? Maybe it will be too much faff especially if the vesa mount isn't up to much, a non fully adjustable stand is useless to me, indeed if thats the case the u24 is worth more to me, these hazros, they never seem to convince me

Yea, the stand was a bit annoying, especially as my desk has two little shelves on either side. As I couldn't raise the monitor, there was about 10cm between the back of the monitor and the back of the desk - lost space.

Don't let that put you off though, the price for the screen itself is awesome, especially the 'C' one.

Here is someone asking about the vesa screw issue (no reply yet) post #1301: link

Caporegime
Yea, the stand was a bit annoying, especially as my desk has two little shelves on either side. As I couldn't raise the monitor, there was about 10cm between the back of the monitor and the back of the desk - lost space.

Don't let that put you off though, the price for the screen itself is awesome, especially the 'C' one.

Here is someone asking about the vesa screw issue (no reply yet) post #1301: link

The versatility of my dell stands is a must, I probably move them once every 2 days, especially for watching films, I dont want to miss the pre order price but I dont want something that is going to be worse than the u24, the input limitation and hdcp only affects nvidia right? I also only need one input as the u27 comes with everything,

So whats stopping me atm is the stand.and the lack of osd. Also the point that its a newish product

Associate
Gibbo: Any chance of seeing a photo of the non-glass one? Would love to order one of these at the pre-order price, but can't commit to so much money without knowing what it will look like!

I'm a bit worried it will be a bit of a bodge just leaving the glass front off and not be a very good finish...

I would order the glass fronted one, except i think i would find the reflections a problem, normally prefer matt screens.

I currently have one of the 24" DGM VA panel screens of a few years ago, do you know if the screen coating is anything like that on the non-glass one?

Associate
I would really love to get one of these, but as OCUK does not ship these outside UK I think I'm out of luck. Any information if Hazro will offer the glass-free version for international customers (or even the C version with glass)?

Associate
If you mean the HDCP issue with certain VGA cards on the 8-bit panel then I believe Hazro are still looking into it as there seems to be a compatibility with certain cards.
However there are ways around HDCP issues I believe that are software based, but as to how I would not be in the know.

Hazro confirm the 10-bit panels don't seem to have any compatibility issues.

I recall reading somewhere that others were able to bypass problems using Nvidia cards with a HDMI to DVI adaptor. I bought the following card from Overclockers -
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18229822 - does anyone know if I could use a HDMI to DVI adaptor with this card, thus avoiding any problems when buying this monitor?

Thanks

Flyer01

ps time is of the essence due to the offer that is on.

Associate
Hazro monitor glass screens

Hello everyone,

I'm seriously thinking of purchasing a Hazro monitor,although i may wait for the 26" version....i'm worried the 27" may be a little overwhelming. I'm sure this question is gonna sound daft, but i'm new to fixed glass screened monitors, but does dust build up over time or is the dust just due to the particles that may have been trapped there during manufacture?

I think what i' trying to say is - if you order a Hazro monitor and notice no dust from day one, should it reamain this way for the rest of its practicle use or will dust slowly accumulate over time?

Sorry if it seems like a silly question, but it is genuine. £500 is lot to crash out on a monitor and i'm still not sure i can fully justify it, i just want a glass or glossy screen display,(ideally 25") and i only know of HP that do affordable range,(Brightview) it's so frustrating that glossy displays are not widely available!

Thanks Lee H.

Soldato
The glass is sealed, which is why everyone was so annoyed as there was no way to get it out and no way to get the glass off. It was a problem with the manufacturing process / quality control. If youre clear on day one, youre good to go! Worth having a read of the above link for the whole saga, lots of info there if you want to know more.

I cant imagine a 27 would be any less overwhelming than a 26. I love my 27 and I was using a 22 before.

Back
Top Bottom