Wii U

Soldato
it's good for people with some sort of intelligence to post here. otherwise all posts would be like this "it haz assasinz creedz so its the samez graphicz". yeah it makes pefect sense...

Yeah but posting without tunnel vision on either side of the fence is always helpful. Conversations go better in here when people dont come in ****ing on consoles and waving a flag for PC. Its pointless, and also kinda wierd doing it in a console thread and always steers the thread off in an unrecoverable and someone pointless direction

Soldato
Yeah but posting without tunnel vision on either side of the fence is always helpful. Conversations go better in here when people dont come in ****ing on consoles and waving a flag for PC. Its pointless, and also kinda wierd doing it in a console thread and always steers the thread off in an unrecoverable and someone pointless direction

which started from the OP that called people posting in this thread elitists for no apparent reason.

Soldato
I think the majority of PS3/360 games are upscaled, I think he might be talking about native resolution.

So the U will only output at 1080p? All games will render internally at 1080p?

Even if it is a little more powerful, I doubt this will be the case for the majority of titles. Developers prefer to add bells and whistles over resolution. Both the PS3 and the 360 are more than capable of punching out games at 1080p but for that you need to sacrifice some fidelity. The U will be no different unless Nintendo force devs to stick to 1080p rendering which is very power hungry as you need to fill nearly twice as many pixels.

http://pubvo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/prcspec13iu.jpg

Specification...

Much more powerful than PS3 and 360.

Does that image mean its the final spec for the retail hardware, or the final spec for the devkits? Devkits are usually more powerful than retail hardware is the only reason i ask.

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely if they are going after the hardcore crowd, there also needs to be an overhaul of the online system.

If they want people to replace their Xboxs and PS3s it needs an experience that is comparable, especially that of Xbox Live.

Soldato
which started from the OP that called people posting in this thread elitists for no apparent reason.

So lets steer it back on track then and all is well :)

If the new console is as good as the consoles we already have on the market, but capable of true 1080p, that must mean the console has a nice bit of memory? we always say the 360 and PS3's are lacking in the memory department. So even though the console is entering at a late stage with similar spec, it could be a beast given the right amount of RAM

Soldato
So the U will only output at 1080p? All games will render internally at 1080p?

Even if it is a little more powerful, I doubt this will be the case for the majority of titles. Developers prefer to add bells and whistles over resolution. Both the PS3 and the 360 are more than capable of punching out games at 1080p but for that you need to sacrifice some fidelity. The U will be no different unless Nintendo force devs to stick to 1080p rendering which is very power hungry as you need to fill nearly twice as many pixels.

3rd party developers that nintendo really wants for their new console will not design their multiplatform games to take advantage of WiiU. it's just not cost efficient. Instead they could easily make their games run at 1080p instead which requires no effort and brings a very nice visual boost. that's what people are saying. Whether nintedo will choose more bells and whistles or 1080p resolution for their 1st party games we dont know yet.

So lets steer it back on track then and all is well :)

If the new console is as good as the consoles we already have on the market, but capable of true 1080p, that must mean the console has a nice bit of memory? we always say the 360 and PS3's are lacking in the memory department. So even though the console is entering at a late stage with similar spec, it could be a beast given the right amount of RAM

it actually means it's about twice more powerful than the ps3 and xbox360 to run the same games at that resolution.

Last edited:
Soldato
Only time will tell! But I won't judge it until it's been properly tested and reviewed. Even then I'll wait to make my own assumptions instead of just jumping on the bandwagon of bashing it which seems to be happening all over the internet!

If Nintendo is now going to compete with the more serious consoles, next gen 360/PS3, or even the current gen consoles, I just can't see myself buying one. If it's as powerful as a 360/PS3, has the same lineup of games, I'd still go for PS3/360 on the basis of the controller that just looks strange to hold for long periods of time!

Associate
Surely if they are going after the hardcore crowd, there also needs to be an overhaul of the online system.

If they want people to replace their Xboxs and PS3s it needs an experience that is comparable, especially that of Xbox Live.

They are improving it I believe they have a third party helping them with online content and services.

Ghost Recon online looks like the first fps game to show it off.

Back
Top Bottom