New Mac mini / Air is up

Soldato
Have just passed the three hours of constant usage on my MBA on battery. Showing about an hour left and I have had music playing at about 75% volume the whole time, watched a 45min video, and browsed the web. Showing 1:30 remaining. Could easily get more than apples 5 hours out of this. Dead impressed

They are good, I get a good 8 hours out my my 13" one :).

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
They are good, I get a good 8 hours out my my 13" one :).

It was the battery life that was giving me doubts but after getting the 11" I am very happy I did, 5 hours is more than enough and the size is perfect for me :)

Cannot get enough of this thing.

1080p Youtube streaming with no stuttering! the performance jump over the old airs is massive

Last edited:
Soldato
It was the battery life that was giving me doubts but after getting the 11" I am very happy I did, 5 hours is more than enough and the size is perfect for me :)

Cannot get enough of this thing.

They're great. Soo light you can just chuck it in your bag for the day at Uni and forget it's there (if I was lugging around my 15" MBP for the day and didn't use it I'd get ****ed off at carrying the weight for the day!) and soo good battery life you can leave the charger at home for the day.

Heck my 2.13GHz C2D one is alright running Visual Studio 2010 in my Win7 VM :D.

Associate
I tried the macbook air today. Only gripe I have is I has the desire to sand down the corners to make it feel as smooth and comfortable to hold as the ipad 2. Very nice device otherwise. Quite a reasonable price.

In comparison to the macbook Pro, this is so much more portable!

Caporegime
No optical drive on the mini seems brave to me, but Apple have always been quite pro-active in ditching things they regard as "legacy".

People have mentioned that it flies in the face of people using it as an HTPC... Perhaps Apple are making another push for people to use iTunes to download films!

Permabanned
No optical drive on the mini seems brave to me, but Apple have always been quite pro-active in ditching things they regard as "legacy".

People have mentioned that it flies in the face of people using it as an HTPC... Perhaps Apple are making another push for people to use iTunes to download films!

Digital media is the way they are pushing it for sure. With the release of the new Air's and the new restore feature over WAN you can tell that they are trying their hardest to get rid of discs. They are going to be supplying Lion OSX on a USB thumbdrive soon instead of discs.

Associate
I've had an 11" since last November. Bought the new 13" yesterday. As much as I love the new one (they're VERY fast), I still can't fault the 11" at all.

The 11" was (until today) the best laptop I've ever owned. If you're mobile a LOT, go with the 11" for simply portability. If you're not out and about with it a lot, go for the 13" because it's a great machine - but let's face it, whilst the 13 is obviously heavier, it's only by a gnats knacker.

Permabanned
I've had an 11" since last November. Bought the new 13" yesterday. As much as I love the new one (they're VERY fast), I still can't fault the 11" at all.

The 11" was (until today) the best laptop I've ever owned. If you're mobile a LOT, go with the 11" for simply portability. If you're not out and about with it a lot, go for the 13" because it's a great machine - but let's face it, whilst the 13 is obviously heavier, it's only by a gnats knacker.

Would you still say the 13" is portable still?

Back
Top Bottom