Riots in Tottenham, London! (NO RACIST COMMENTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm a Special and I'm not riot trained so take my comments with a pinch of salt, but from talking to officers who are, it's all about officer safety. They'll go in when they know they have a numbers advantage. The Police's priority is to stop disorder but not at the expense of getting officers injured. At the moment the Met don't have enough officers to deal with all the rioters, but many officers are getting drafted in from other counties on mutual aid. This should change the game a bit.

Yes. Let's enjoy seeing riots in other counties tonight instead with not enough police to stop them there.

Soldato
Just realised I know a couple of Met Police... feel sorry for them :(.

can we get that re hosted? work filter grrr
Same. All the twitter/facebook/imageshack/etc images are blocked at work. Well not blocked, they're "coached" (click to proceed, activity is logged etc), but that doesn't work for embeded stuff so they end up blocked.

Soldato
Ah, so it'll antagonise the rioters. Get them more wound up. It'll just reinforce their belief that they have a right to be doing what they are.
There are also various other issues with deployment of tear gas. It's a daft idea to think it would quickly solve anything.

So let them continue burn down more buildings then :rolleyes:

Soldato
Serious answer re: tear gas/water cannon - isn't the main issue that those are traditionally tools for large crowd dispersal, you spray and gas everyone so they disperse and break up - from what I can see this isn't really a large crowd but rather loads of small groups acting independently and mindlessly - you could spray or gas areas but they'll just move elsewhere and start smashing stuff up, you can't exactly tear gas a whole neighbourhood - risks of collateral, inflaminf the situation plus I have no doubt it makes the arrests and suchlike harder too. An uneducated 2 cents but there we go.

Associate
The rioting in England really is bizarre. Even in Belfast we almost never have widespread looting. Clearly there are elements of society that think they are completely dis-attached from it's laws etc. It is a very dangerous thing when people think they can getaway with what they are doing.

A lot of the early rioters were mobile and had semi-organised tactics. Clearly there has been a significant element of violent gangs involved.

Permabanned
Southampton faggots - nice of the poofs to give the filth 3 days notice.

No chance that dump of a city actually does anything, they will probably chuck a crisp packet out of a bus window and think thats it.

Dump.

Soldato
Fea_003.jpg

"Ok, so you've come here to prove you're a thug. You spelling is atrocious, you have the same IQ as a can of peaches, you look like a moron with your 17 hats and bandanas worn at the same time and with all your brap brap talk. You're through to the next round!"

LOL :D

Soldato
So let them continue burn down more buildings then :rolleyes:

There are only two solutions to this. Let it naturally fizzle out or get more boots on the ground. I've discussed this before in this thread, tear gas, plastic round and water cannon won't help. Not one person here has said that it will.
People who have experienced the use of these things say that it won't work either.
Stop being so naive and thinking shooting a couple of plastic rounds into a crowd, getting a few people wet and irritating some eyes is going to do anything other than antagonise the crowd.

Soldato
Serious answer re: tear gas/water cannon - isn't the main issue that those are traditionally tools for large crowd dispersal, you spray and gas everyone so they disperse and break up - from what I can see this isn't really a large crowd but rather loads of small groups acting independently and mindlessly - you could spray or gas areas but they'll just move elsewhere and start smashing stuff up, you can't exactly tear gas a whole neighbourhood - risks of collateral, inflaminf the situation plus I have no doubt it makes the arrests and suchlike harder too. An uneducated 2 cents but there we go.

Ah, at last. Someone who is eventually seeing the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom