Which iPod for the gym?

Soldato
I have an iPod Touch 4g but I fear it may be to frgile if it got hit on something by accident. Should I get what ever the latest shuffle is or just a cheapo MP3 player? I know there's accessories for iPods that make en gym friendly like an arm strap and so on but I guess you can get something similar for any pendrive style MP3 players.

Last edited:
Associate
Same goes for the iPod Shuffle. If you want to keep to something small and light and Apple-esquethey work great, especially now they brought back the new design with the controls on the unit.

I also find by not have a screen on it I spend less time looking through my music and more time actually working out =]

Soldato
An ipod touch will be fine at the gym. Mine once fell on to a moving treadmill and was fired across the floor at high speed and it's still fine. I use mine for recording workouts when I do weights or the Nike+ sensor when I'm on the treadmill.

Soldato
I would have though a Nano, the new one at least would be awful. Tiny little touch screen with sweaty hands?

Shuffle or a Sansa Clip, whatever you can get for less money.

Associate
Agreed, though I suppose any touch screen would get messy, big or small it just depends if it would annoy you.

If you got a shuffle you can clip it to the back of your t-shirt and keep the cables completely out of the way, that being said 8GB Sansa clip for £33 on Amazon... I suppose it would come down to whether you need all of the extra space or want to go for something a little more stylish ( ..imo of course =] )

Associate
Good call on the Sony front, I saw those in the US recently...They had a set that had a camo pattern on them. Very nearly bought them too even though I reaaaaaally didn't need to!

Caporegime
Archos Clipper 2GB

is like £15

if you need 4gb+ sansa clip is the cheapest option then sony's offering from what i can see

just go to a well known mp3 player online store and look at their cheapest players, if its for the gym only, i would just go with the clipper or clip.

Soldato
Archos Clipper 2GB

is like £15

if you need 4gb+ sansa clip is the cheapest option then sony's offering from what i can see

just go to a well known mp3 player online store and look at their cheapest players, if its for the gym only, i would just go with the clipper or clip.

Yeah go for that one, its quite decent.

Back
Top Bottom