How do I get to sleep :(

Associate
I got in bed at 12:30ish and I can't sleep. I'm 18 and 17.10stone I'm overweight, so I'm gettng more hot than anyone else on here.

I'm laying here with a towel using it to wipe my sweat off like every 15mins :(

So any ideas how I can cool down so I can sleep? I can't leave windows open at night and have no fan to put on :(

Soldato
Get one of those garden water spray cans or any other refillable spray bottle. Spray upwards every 5 mins.

Works best if at least 97% naked.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Go for a run before you go to sleep. Start to lose weight and make yourself tired. You'll sleep like a person with no energy and in need of sleep.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Swap with me. I get terrible insomnia sometimes but the minute I have to write my dissertation I get the complete opposite and all I want to do is sleep. I am currently pumped full of caffeine but about to fall asleep, so I've got my eyes propped open with matchsticks.

Take your pj's off and stick a damp towel over yourself. The evaporation will keep you cool.

Soldato
My parents house was incredibly hot all year round, I always slept with the window open, even when showing outside, and in summer I just couldn't sleep, I feel your pain,

I moved in with my girlfriend a while back and it is awesome, the other day when it was almost 30'c outside it was still a nice 19'c in the house, I love it

Associate
OP
@asim18 I sleep naked anyway but don't fancy wetting myself every 5mins /:

@Azza I went on like a 15mins walk with the dog before I went to bed, I feel tired but to hot and can't fall asleep :(

@Stretch Don't see how that would call all the body down. I feel like falling to sleep in the bath with some cold water in it /:

@Mr Joshua It is /:

@Jonny69 That sucks. I sleep naked anyway but that might be a good idea TBH.

@Hyburnate Never knew that.. It may make you more sleepy but would also make me sweat more :(

SuBsTaNcE Even if I could do that, would hate to leave windows open because all the flys and that would come in. I want a fan but I know I'll buy one then it will be rely cold for ages s would be a waste.

Soldato
SuBsTaNcE Even if I could do that, would hate to leave windows open because all the flys and that would come in. I want a fan but I know I'll buy one then it will be rely cold for ages s would be a waste.

Don't worry about the flies, I never had them in the bedroom, just leave the curtains/blinds closed and the light off and they won't come looking,

And you can get desk fans for £10, and it will be useful all year round, go get one

Associate
OP
Don't worry about the flies, I never had them in the bedroom, just leave the curtains/blinds closed and the light off and they won't come looking,

And you can get desk fans for £10, and it will be useful all year round, go get one
Think I'll have too.
I can find one at £11.50 so I think I'll order that.

Just hope it don't make loads of noise so I can sleep with it on. :rolleyes:

Permabanned
You can get clip on desk fans for about £7.

how about a cool pack that stays frozen for a few hours.

i'm lucky have no problem with the heat, sleep naked and enjoys.

takes note for the new use of towel.

Soldato
Can't remember the last time i got to sleep before 5am. I normally sleep then and wake up around 1 - 2:30 every day. Even worse now that its hot :/ Got 2 windows open 2 ceiling fans on and a desk fan. :[

Associate
OP
You can get clip on desk fans for about £7.

how about a cool pack that stays frozen for a few hours.

i'm lucky have no problem with the heat, sleep naked and enjoys.

takes note for the new use of towel.
Never heard of the cool packs I'll take a look.
I can't see a clip on one for that much. Only thing I can find is a desk one DF98 9" Desk Fan
Can't remember the last time i got to sleep before 5am. I normally sleep then and wake up around 1 - 2:30 every day. Even worse now that its hot :/ Got 2 windows open 2 ceiling fans on and a desk fan. :[
Don't know how anyone can stay up so late. My brother who don't live with me stays up until about 4ish and still gets up about 8. I ain't normally up this late myself. I've always wanted to get 1 of them ceiling fans there amazing to have.

Back
Top Bottom