cant find my ram anywhere :-(

Associate
i have 6GB of the ocz gold edition pc3 16000 10 10 10 @1.6v (i think) 2000mhz triple channel but i cant find anywhere that sells it. i need help locating another 6GB or atlest other compatable memory.

Soldato
Personally, I would suggest selling on your existing kit and buy this one instead. It doesn't cost much more than a 6GB 1600MHz kit and will put much less strain on the memory controller of your CPU (since it is only running 3 modules instead of 6).

That said, may I ask what you use the PC for that requires more than 6GB of RAM (the vast majority of games these day's can only just make use of 4GB)? Though I suppose with current DRAM prices, buying now isn't such a bad idea - even if you don't technically need it yet.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Personally, I would suggest selling on your existing kit and buy this one instead. It doesn't cost much more than a 6GB 1600MHz kit and will put much less strain on the memory controller of your CPU (since it is only running 3 modules instead of 6).

That said, may I ask what you use the PC for that requires more than 6GB of RAM (the vast majority of games these day's can only just make use of 4GB)?
i brought the same spec diff company and my pc just diddnt like it. either it crashed or it wouldnt register so what about this...http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-301-CS&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=1392 ?
i use the pc for games the os uses and hogs 2gb worth of ram and so now the new games want 4gb and that is all i have spare and i would sleep better at night if i had a total of 12 gb min lol

Last edited:
Soldato
The vengeance RAM is quite a different beast from the OCZ gold - mainly it's default voltage is 1.5V, not 1.65V so matching these different RAM kits together was going to be a risk (which unfortunately didn't pay off).

Instead, going for a brand new 12GB kit on it's own wouldn't throw up any of these issues, hence the reccomendation for the £62 Crucial 12GB 1600MHz (3x4GB) kit.

As for aiming for 2000MHz kits, with X58 the real-world performance difference between 2000MHz and 1600MHz is tiny (please have a look here)- since there is just so much bandwidth offered by the triple channel mode.

Back
Top Bottom