Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
They probably have an algorithm to do it automatically

If you frequently use stolen username and passwords for sites that require you to pay for them *ahem* you'll realise they can spot these sorts of activity very quickly and automatically

Hey guys, I managed to change my Origin ID using this scrabble app, I noticed some people are having problems with it because it's USA exclusive and some people don't have an iPhone or Android.

I'm willing to help people change your Origin ID and thus your BF3 soldier name if you wish. Change your password to something easy to remember, pass me your e-mail address, password and give me the user name you want in a trust message (Go onto the EA website and check it's available by trying to make a new account with it, first) and I'll happily change it for you. Saves going through the tosh of EA support who will 90% of the time refuse to change it.

could you do this for me please!

Soldato
could you do this for me please!

Trust message me if you want me to do it, although I'm not doing many. I did my 2 accounts on my 3g connection, and I've done someone else's on my neighbors wifi so it's not traceable that 1 IP had logged into a lot of accounts.

I'll do 1 more on his Wifi connection and maybe 2 on my work Wifi, that'll be the most I can do without looking suspicious.

Associate
Same, I was happily playing other games before the beta but now I just can't get in to anything thinking about BF3 :o

Was just saying this to a mate.. BF3 is the most expensive game ever, I used it as motivation to build a new i5 system and now I have played the beta the rest of my game collection feels very meh..

Roll on the 28th :)

Trust message me if you want me to do it, although I'm not doing many. I did my 2 accounts on my 3g connection, and I've done someone else's on my neighbors wifi so it's not traceable that 1 IP had logged into a lot of accounts.

I'll do 1 more on his Wifi connection and maybe 2 on my work Wifi, that'll be the most I can do without looking suspicious.
awsome thanks email'd :)

Soldato
No worries, edited my post now so i can check if I can connect to works Wi-fi before I promise I can change any more since I don't want anyone getting in trouble for doing it, I changed 4 though which is alright by me. Sad when an app has the option to, but Origin does not.

Caporegime
So whats everyones thoughts on them possibly releasing Mod tools? ATM theyre saying theyre considering it, id put money on them months after release saying its Cost Prohibitive and deciding not to release them. In fact, id say its almost certain that decision has already been made and theyre just not gonna mention it again till many months after release.

So whats everyones thoughts on them possibly releasing Mod tools? ATM theyre saying theyre considering it, id put money on them months after release saying its Cost Prohibitive and deciding not to release them. In fact, id say its almost certain that decision has already been made and theyre just not gonna mention it again till many months after release.

if people whine hard like they did for commo rose then we may well se mod support. but tbh i think nov-jan maybe.

Caporegime
if people whine hard like they did for commo rose then we may well se mod support. but tbh i think nov-jan maybe.

Im really doubting it, one of the Dice Devs done a post a while back on modding BC2 and there was middleware involved along with licenses that would cost (possibly) millions of dollars. Frostbite 2 is a newer engine but if they still use a lot of the same middleware as 1.5 did i don;t see it happening.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1350772-so-how-about-modtools.html

Last edited:
Soldato
Jonathan:
Thank you for contacting Origin Help. My name is Jonathan. How may I assist you today?
you:
Hello
you:
I was wondering if there was going to be a feature on Origin in the near future where we can change our names
Jonathan:
Hello
you:
Because, if I understand correctly, our Origin ID/EA MAster ID will be our soldier name in Battlefield 3\
you:
and I think it would be a good idea to at least be able to change our display name at least, not the Master ID
you:
correct me if im wrong
Jonathan:
yeah I understand. That issue should be fixed with the release of Battlefield 3, at least you'll be able to change your soldier names.
Jonathan:
But we can only change those id's now if they compromise the customer's security
you:
So they are working on a solution so we arnt stuck with our login id's?
you:
as soldier names that is
Jonathan:
Yes they are, and origin itself is still a BETA program..which is why it doesn't work for MAC, so there are a lot of issues with it that we're trying to work out.
you:
Ok, thanks for the clarification, have a nice day

Someone posted it on the EAUK forums.
I don't even know where to begin, Zh1nt0 says we can't change our names, this guy who works on Origin says you can. Why can't they get their facts straight in the first place without ****ing everyone off?

Associate
Do Dice release new maps now and then for the Battlefield games? or will we be stuck with the same maps?

They seem to be planning a fair bit of DLC
http://www.mcvpacific.com/news/read/interview-lars-gustavsson-from-dice/086343

Call of Duty: Black Ops is still coming out with DLC a year after release as Modern Warfare 3 is almost out. What has DICE done to ensure that level of ongoing support for Battlefield players? What kinds of plans do DICE have to push post-launch content?

We've completely restructured our studio around it. Nowadays, we have operations team who looks at the title when it starts getting closer to launch (or long before) with potential downloadable content and so on, to really have a plan. Otherwise you're quite likely to start slipping. If you're focusing just before release on what you're going to ship post-launch, then I think you have problems.

So, yes there is a massive plan in place.

Someone posted it on the EAUK forums.
I don't even know where to begin, Zh1nt0 says we can't change our names, this guy who works on Origin says you can. Why can't they get their facts straight in the first place without ****ing everyone off?

Battlelog seems to allow you to create multiple soldiers, DICE have said you can create multiple soldiers without them all having a license, so you'd have to assume there is a way to create a soldier and give it a chosen name. How that works, i dunno. When you looked at your profile, it had a section where it seemed to be showing you your accounts soldiers, whether this becomes your BF3 solider, DLC1 soldier, DLC2 soldier etc ive no idea.
I guess each soldier would have to have a unique name, and its own battlelog page, but it all falls under 1 origin/battlelog login.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom