*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Soldato
Rossi that is one hell of a nice set-up you got there.

Rossi do you know much about midi keyboards? I want to buy one and could do with someone to make a thread for noobs like me trying to get into music production. I just want to buy a cheap basic one to start with but could do with some pointers on what to look for. Nice setup.

Cheap and basic = you get what you pay for.
I went for Korg because i have everything else Korg and it's a name you can trust really. Regardless of the fact the Micro-Key is small, it does very well and it plug and play. Takes a beating too! The keys are similar to the Micro-Korg midi/synth i have, so i'm used to the size.
If you're starting up and want a cheap midi keyboard to use with plugins/VSTs then Korg Micro-Key is the one. You can build it up by Nano-pad and Nano Kontrol as well, which you can plug into the Micro-key as it has a hub for them :) handy!

Nice setup Rossi. Good to see someone else who believes 3 monitor setups should have the side screens in portrait!!

I can't stand the bezel's when gaming and i prefer portrait for displaying things in lists e.g. winamp, steam, Rainmeter etc

Associate
tumblr_lo2cn7CvjY1qirpa6o1_500.jpg

My humble setup (old picture slightly updated since then)

Permabanned
I just ordered this desk:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60180036/#/60180036/

I'm not going to be using eyefinity, but I will be able to connect my old 19" LCD screen and be able to game and browse at the same time :).

No wait, I cancelled that desk and ordered this:

New speakers + case :)

IMG_4441.jpg

:D Much more expensive, but a lot better. Oh nice, the mouse mat is on offer this week too for a tenner, I'll buy that too :)

I picked the 150 CM width tabletop in Oak (I have 170 CM space against my desk wall), and two of the storage legs in black:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70162490/#/70162490/
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60104325/#/40162496/

Last edited:
Soldato
I just ordered this desk:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60180036/#/60180036/

I'm not going to be using eyefinity, but I will be able to connect my old 19" LCD screen and be able to game and browse at the same time :).

No wait, I cancelled that desk and ordered this:

:D Much more expensive, but a lot better. Oh nice, the mouse mat is on offer this week too for a tenner, I'll buy that too :)

I picked the 150 CM width tabletop in Oak (I have 170 CM space against my desk wall), and two of the storage legs in black:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70162490/#/70162490/
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60104325/#/40162496/

Thats exactly what ive ordered Oak top and the storage legs in black.

Permabanned
Its going to be difficult wiring everything behind that desk though, I wont have a huge empty space for my spaghetti junction anymore :p

I drew up a simple room plan:

roomplan.png

And thats the third sized room out of 4 in the house :D

The radiator + window are behind the Piano. My desk used to be there, but they had to be swapped around for easier access to the windows + radiator.

And I found a current picture:

dsc00531c.jpg

I suppose I can move all the wiring behind the piano, but then the radiator might melt them :x

Last edited:
Permabanned
Meh, just got my phonecall from Ikea to confirm the delivery date - 22.11.11 :(

It wont be here and setup before I get Skyrim, and also I just got my boogie bug, but that will have to stay in its tube for a month (I checked it to make sure it didnt have any problems, then rolled it back up and into its tube).

Soldato

It wont be here and setup before I get Skyrim, and also I just got my boogie bug, but that will have to stay in its tube for a month (I checked it to make sure it didnt have any problems, then rolled it back up and into its tube).

Get it out of the tube and start letting it flatten out as it will take ages from what I've read!!! :D

Permabanned
Get it out of the tube and start letting it flatten out as it will take ages from what I've read!!! :D

I have nowhere to put it until I have the desk though!

I'll just leave a heavy book on either side of it.

I'm now getting myself a Roccat Apuri too as I just got a USB charging kit for my wireless 360 controller, and could really use a mains powered USB hub for that and my mobile phone, along with the mouse cord bungee with the huge mouse mat :)

Last edited:
Soldato

Got a text saying mines coming on the 9.11.11 can not wait also got a new computer chair coming from them at the same time weeee.

Permabanned
Got a text saying mines coming on the 9.11.11 can not wait also got a new computer chair coming from them at the same time weeee.

When did you order? And which chair did you pick?

The thing is that the nearest Ikea store is actually a very close drive from my house, but the desk would never fit into anyones car :(

Do you think ringing them and asking if an earlier delivery would be possible could work?

My big leather chair from Tesco is good enough until it breaks.

I just fully cleaned and tidied my cable corner ...

I forgot to take a before picture, but it had like over 9000% more cables, dust, cobwebs, and what looked like the bodies of dead roasted flies near the sockets ... this corner had been untouched for over 5 years!!! :x

But I still have to wait almost a month before I can fill the space up with an epic desk :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom