US Republician Candidates

Soldato
True, but the banks would not have acted the same has they not received government backed mortgages.

Allowing them to sell them to anybody with a pen (knowing the government would have to pick up the tab).

Negative government intervention & the state giving additional power to corporations is partially what caused the problem.

I don't believe the problems of the west can be solved until somebody somewhere makes a stand on fractional reserve banking & the systemic problems inherent in using debt based currency.

But who knows, it's highly likely everything they are saying is a lie to gain votes anyway - so it may as well be a game of political spin the bottle.

Regarding the UN, there is no reason why it could not continue in a different form without the USA being involved - in total honesty it would at least gain some legitimacy.

Man of Honour
Are you seriously suggesting that American presidents don't get assassinated ever?.

Not since 1963, no.

Are you also seriously suggesting that there was no voting irregularities in the bush election?.

I think there is a slight difference between voting irregularities and suggesting that if a certain candidate was to win the election, they would either fake the results or kill him to stop him getting in.

Hardly a conspiracy theory.

'A future US president-elect will be either murdered or have the ballots faked so that he doesnt win' sounds exactly like one to me.

Soldato
I don't think any of the candidates can beat Obama, despite the dire state of the US economy, and how much the president oversold himself during his election campaign. I also don't think any of the other candidates should beat Obama, either. Jon Huntsman was my favourite of the bunch, as he did seem like a reasonable guy, and I think he would have been the best choice for the GOP.

But Stephen Colbert is now running on Herman Cain's ballot in South Carolina :)D), and his Super PAC (which is being run by Jon Stewart) has put out this ad:

Hahaha. :D

Associate
According to polls Obama vs Republican is 50/50, but Obama beats all of the candidates in individual polls. Are the U.S public expecting someone to pop up at the last minute and steal every state or are they just confused?

Soldato
As if one man can make everything perfect. Wave the magic wand and it will all be better.

Obama was trying to do something useful with healthcare reforms, but our American brethren don't see the need to help those who are less fortunate in life.

Im alright jack....... always been the American way.

Associate
As if one man can make everything perfect. Wave the magic wand and it will all be better.

Obama was trying to do something useful with healthcare reforms, but our American brethren don't see the need to help those who are less fortunate in life.

Im alright jack....... always been the American way.

The Obama healthcare was painful viewing from this side of the pond. It would work so well but got slated by the republicans. I found it quite funny how on the news the us public were complaining about our teeth even though most dental care is now private.

One

One

Soldato
I think Obama is a liar and just as bad if not worse than Bush, especially wrt to unwarranted overseas assassinations.

I think Ron Paul is the most true to the American constitution but he has unfortunately been mis-portrayed by the American media as a 'lunatic' which is a shame. I don't think he can really shake this image amongst the majority of Americans so we will be seeing Romney running as the Republican candidate.

Will Romney win the election? It could be a close one but i just don't think he is 'good' enough to stop Obama getting his second term. Presidents do after all, always get a second term and have done for many decades now.

I think we could see a very turbulent 4 years ahead though if Obama does get his second and last term. Look out Iran.

Associate
I think Obama is a liar and just as bad if not worse than Bush, especially wrt to unwarranted overseas assassinations.

I think Ron Paul is the most true to the American constitution but he has unfortunately been mis-portrayed by the American media as a 'lunatic' which is a shame. I don't think he can really shake this image amongst the majority of Americans so we will be seeing Romney running as the Republican candidate.

Will Romney win the election? It could be a close one but i just don't think he is 'good' enough to stop Obama getting his second term. Presidents do after all, always get a second term and have done for many decades now.

I think we could see a very turbulent 4 years ahead though if Obama does get his second and last term. Look out Iran.

Correct me if I'm misinformed here but aren't republicans usually the ones who go around invading every country that says a bad word of the US and the democrats more cautious. Anyway Israel have a lot of brown nosing to be getting on with if they want the US the stroll into Iran.

Anyway I have changed my mind, and agree that Ron Paul is the best candidate. Anyone who doesnt agree I suggest you watch this, hope this hasnt already been posted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjuUWr9vaXo&feature=related

Caporegime
With candidates now quitting the race to become the nominee it seems like it will be a two horse race between Mitt Romney and Ron Paul. I for one would love to see Ron Paul become the next president of the US after all Obama promised "Change" but we got the same old crap.

Ron Paul would be an absolute disaster for the USA. It would become a dog-eat-dog state, with corporations enjoying free reign, employees trodden into the dirt, and the gulf between rich and poor soaring to hitherto unimaginable heights. No public healthcare, no social security, and education only for those who can afford it.

Ron Paul is an elite millionaire career politician who flies around the country in his own private jet. A vote for him is a vote for feudalism.

Soldato
I have watched that video, but I don't think Ron Paul is the best candidate, though. I don't think that there should be any doubt that he is the most conservative candidate, when it comes to foreign policy. An interventionist foreign policy is not conservative in any way, shape or form.

And desires, as for presidents 'always getting a second term', George W. Bush and Bill Clinton did, but the president before them, George H. W. Bush was a one timer. It's quite ironic that the last time the United States had a remotely sound Israel policy was under George Bush Sr (a very underwhelming president in almost every other respect). At the time, Israel was also constructing Jewish settlements on the West Bank, and rather than looking impotent as the Obama administration has done over said actions, GB Sr actually said that if Israel didn't cease and desist, the United States would suspend its loan guarantees, amoungst some other things. But that was undone by Bill Clinton, who decided to run against Bush from the right, and said that under his administration, Israel would never be subjected to such treatment.

Romney will win the nomination, Obama will win the election (yay).

One

One

Soldato
Correct me if I'm misinformed here but aren't republicans usually the ones who go around invading every country that says a bad word of the US and the democrats more cautious. Anyway Israel have a lot of brown nosing to be getting on with if they want the US the stroll into Iran.

Anyway I have changed my mind, and agree that Ron Paul is the best candidate. Anyone who doesnt agree I suggest you watch this, hope this hasnt already been posted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjuUWr9vaXo&feature=related

Try this video too

Your answer to republicans being the war mongerers, you forget that in 4 years Obama has very much maintained the Afghanistan war effort and indeed increased military presence in Pakistan which in turn has made the Pakistani people loathe the Americans.

Also Israel have no brown nosing to do, it's America that brown nose Israel. Look up how many times America have used their veto to stop Palestine joining the UN, it really does put our single EU veto into respective.

Caporegime
The relative sanity of George Bush Sr's politics can be explained by the fact that he was a pro-European internationalist.

Your answer to republicans being the war mongerers, you forget that in 4 years Obama has

...ended the war in Iraq, withdrawn all troops by the end of 2011 (just as he promised during his election campaign) and not started any new wars.

Ron Paul, "What if the Chinese had military bases in America?"

What if the Russians had military bases in Canada? What if Australia ruled the world? What if the moon really is made of blue cheese? We can play the 'idiotic questions' game all day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom