How did the OcUK Forums get so Big?

Associate
From being a member of various forums across a wide range of topics.

I believe popularity comes from many aspects, from the information, reputation, other names (i.e. the shop) and generally the community. Dont forget its all of us who make it up

Soldato
:o

Forums don't need an app or tapatalk!!!!!!

2rq0c4o.jpg

Associate
I think there are a lot of members on here though that have never bought anything from OCuK or probably never even looked on the shop's site.

I have looked at the website, laughed at the prices when comparing them to elsewhere so I have never bought anything from OCUK

I only joined to answer a question for an existing member who hadn't had his query answered

Soldato
I got started here awhile ago - but before that I was a lurker for around a year or so.

I think it's one of the better forums on the internet due to its strict moderation. It's nice to not have to worry about trolling / rubbish in the majority of threads.

Soldato
Somehow I sort of have this picture in my head of a 'typical' OcUK Forum member as being a 25-35 year old male, with a fairly high disposable income each month, and who drives a high end BMW or a Porche!

Not that I meet a single one of these criteria myself... apart from being male that is, but I thoroughly enjoy the time I spend on the Forums (which my wife keeps telling me is too much!) but I still can't get over just how helpful (and generous!) the majority of contributors are, and the obvious sense of 'team spirit', and 'familyness' ... which I know isn't a proper word anyway, which seems to exist throughout it's pages.

The number of posts per hour never ceases to amaze me either... so long may its success continue!

(Raises glass in appreciation!) :)

Edit: I have to add here that a lot of its success is down to the Dons, Moderators etc. (a lot of whom are OcUL employees anyway) who keep a constant watchful and 'all-seeing eye' on what is being posted, so that any 'bad boys' are noticed, and 'picked off' very quickly

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Because of the Quality of it's content of course. < I said that. :D

It's not just that but also the quality of the people here, both moderators and forum members. The breadth and depth of knowledge exhibited by forum member is also very impressive. Put together that lot gives us one of the best forums around.

Soldato
I joined sooo long ago, I've survived every 'Cull' they could throw at the Forums and I've only bought 3 things from the Shop, granted one thing I bought did have a fault that was dealt with quickly and without any problems!...

Dunno why I've stuck around so long!, I am a member of a few other forums, but I don't frequent them a fraction of the time I spend on here!!..

It's weird!! :confused:

(Only Rotty and Me are Oct 2002-ers up to this point!! :) )

Soldato
I'm always a bit careful browsing on the train in case there are any other people on here watching me. :p

Could be an awkward moment.... "Hey, I go on there too!"

LOL... I remember once I saw some bloke with some PC components on the train. Struck up a conversation but never mentioned the "blue place". That could get weird! ;)

Back
Top Bottom