Why do people smoke?

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
At least smoking green leaves makes the walls melt and you can talk to your shoes....

What does smoking fags do?

+1!

'If you aint smoking dro then what the **** you smokin fo!'

I cant stand cigarettes, absolutely hate them, and really really don't see the point of smoking them. Green on the other hand...so much better!

Associate
Why do people drink to excess? Why does it cost the NHS billions to care for people who cant control there alcohol intake or the nock on effect of associated voilence.I am teetotal through choice I cannot stand or abide people who drink.

Do I go on forums asking why people who drink arent shunned or made scapegoats for all that is ill. I choose to smoke and I am well aware of the damage it may or maynot do to me and I will take what ever comes to me but until then I people should just f off and leave there opinions to themselves no one has the right to tell anyone how to live their lives. If you dont like smokers well just avoid them. Smoking will always be around you wont ever totally erradicate it.

Soldato
Why do people drink to excess? Why does it cost the NHS billions to care for people who cant control there alcohol intake or the nock on effect of associated voilence.I am teetotal through choice I cannot stand or abide people who drink.

Do I go on forums asking why people who drink arent shunned or made scapegoats for all that is ill. I choose to smoke and I am well aware of the damage it may or maynot do to me and I will take what ever comes to me but until then I people should just f off and leave there opinions to themselves no one has the right to tell anyone how to live their lives. If you dont like smokers well just avoid them. Smoking will always be around you wont ever totally erradicate it.

:rolleyes:

Soldato

The trouble is smokers often make it impossible for non smokers to avoid. I'm of the firm belief that there should be a ban of smokers from congregating within a certain radius of a publically accessible entrance (for example, a pub door). Non smokers shouldn't have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get to where they want to go.

This is coming from someone who has the occasional smoke. When I had one earlier, I crossed the road and stood against a wall opposite the door to the building I was using. I kept out of the way, as I respect peoples desires not to have to wade through smoke to get into the building.

Soldato
My ex did it because she got easily stressed. Used to say she needed it to take the edge off, that it was one of her "little luxuries". Personally I thought that was a load of carp and said so. We're not together anymore :D

Associate
Does it relax you because you are already addicted, and needed the hit?

There must have been a time when you weren't a smoker, so how would you have known it would have relaxed you?

No, I'm not and have never been addicted. I would also never have described myself as a smoker.

It relaxes me because of the effects of nicotine.

Soldato
Why do people smoke, i guess its cause there real life trolls.
As far as im concerned they should smoke out in the woods underneath there smoking jacket with a flashlight.

Soldato
I think these days weed is one of the main reasons smoking is still cool with young people. My sister was like me and was always against smoking, she hated the smell and the fact it can give you crows feet etc. Then she got a boyfriend who smoked weed and within a few months she was a heavy smoker :(.

Whenever I think of smoking I immediately think of Pat Butcher and Dot Cotton :D.

Permabanned
The trouble is smokers often make it impossible for non smokers to avoid. I'm of the firm belief that there should be a ban of smokers from congregating within a certain radius of a publically accessible entrance (for example, a pub door). Non smokers shouldn't have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get to where they want to go.

This is coming from someone who has the occasional smoke. When I had one earlier, I crossed the road and stood against a wall opposite the door to the building I was using. I kept out of the way, as I respect peoples desires not to have to wade through smoke to get into the building.

You can take your nanny state and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, ya wee baw heid. ;)

25+ a day smoker giving up. Not because I dislike smoking or smokers, but because I'm sick of being dragged into the vicious circle of vacuous tax hikes and general arseholery of big government.

Soldato
You can take your nanny state and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, ya wee baw heid. ;)

25+ a day smoker giving up. Not because I dislike smoking or smokers, but because I'm sick of being dragged into the vicious circle of vacuous tax hikes and general arseholery of big government.

I don't think that it is 'Nanny State-esq' to think that people should have be respectful. The fact is a large portion of the population dislike cigarette smoke. It isn't fair that people are made to do something unpleasant to them. I'm not saying we ban smoking in public places, that would be absurd. I'm just stating that people need to think about where they light up and what they are subjecting others around them to.

Giving up smoking because you dislike big government? I don't even know what you're on about here.

Actually you need around 1500mg of sodium per day in your diet, too much is bad but that can said of anything.

Not of rainbows. Too many rainbows can never be a bad thing. I love rainbows.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think these days weed is one of the main reasons smoking is still cool with young people. My sister was like me and was always against smoking, she hated the smell and the fact it can give you crows feet etc. Then she got a boyfriend who smoked weed and within a few months she was a heavy smoker :(.

Whenever I think of smoking I immediately think of Pat Butcher and Dot Cotton :D.

A heavy smoker of... I can understanding smoking weed... but cigs?

Associate

XKAkI.gif

you want the government to wipe your ass for you as well?

Soldato
[imghttp://i.imgur.com/XKAkI.gif[/img]

you want the government to wipe your ass for you as well?

Pardon? How does that address my point at all? If you're going to partake in a discussion, at least post something worthy of discussion. Some cryptic comment that doesn't reference anything is not that.

Unless it's about rainbows, then you can post whatever you want.

Back
Top Bottom