Good time to overclock!

Soldato
Well we have some really nice weather, and it should stay all week :D

At the moment it is 25c in my room, and my idle temp is hovering at 28/29. At full load with Prime95 it settles at 48c. So its safe to overclock right? My rig is water-cooled.

I need to do a lot of reading before I touch any settings, I have pc-ing for over a decade but never overclocked. I would have to do it again when/if I eventually get a graphics card, it must affect temps.

Soldato
Yes, very nice temps.

The Sandybridge CPUs are easy to overclock, most allow a mild overclock without any extra voltage. There's plenty of info on OCing here and all over the internet.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
now is the best time to overclock.

hot weather means it is the worst case scenario with the temperatures.

if its stable now, it will be ok for the colder months.

Permabanned
Yes,is good time
smile.gif

Soldato
OP
Well after a little fiddling I think I have hit a wall. 4.7GHz bluescreened after about 2.5 hours (dunno exactly, I wasnt watching it) with 1.3v. I have lowered it to 4.6GHz amd running Prime95 again see if this is stable, 4.5GHz was.

Good side is I have yet to see any temps go over 62c and that was only for a second, it seems stable at 60c in a 27c room. So my water cooling efforts worked at least.

Soldato
Well after a little fiddling I think I have hit a wall. 4.7GHz bluescreened after about 2.5 hours (dunno exactly, I wasnt watching it) with 1.3v. I have lowered it to 4.6GHz amd running Prime95 again see if this is stable, 4.5GHz was.

Good side is I have yet to see any temps go over 62c and that was only for a second, it seems stable at 60c in a 27c room. So my water cooling efforts worked at least.

That's a hot room, but sounds good. You can push more than 1.3V through it? Or are you just seeing what you can get at 1.3?

Back
Top Bottom