Budget Diablo 3 build

Associate
Hi guys,
now my brother has decided he will upgrade his pc i am now in the mood to do it myself :)
The problem is my stupidly tight budget being a uni student.

The main aim will be to easily run diablo 3, think my current build will manage it but might not max it out (the requirements are quite low).

The current setup:
E6600 at 3.3ghz
8800GTX (oc2 version) - Will miss this gpu as it has served me so so well
4gb (4X1) ram
Power supply is 650W i think...

The budget is slightly flexible but less is better and properly going to try and get everything from the members market as it will allow for much more bang for buck :)

Thinking of getting a 470gtx for ~£100
and either a Q6600 or biting the bullet and going for a cheep I5 setup.
Might also try and pick up a cheep 30 or 60Gb SSD

What do you guys think is best? upgrade now via the MM or not bother till its more needed and the budget is bigger? Think with the new chips some people might be upgrading and some more nice deals will arrise on the MM.

Soldato
If it will run it at medium (atleast) id stick with it until you have a bigger budget.

By the way, what is your budget?

What make is your PSU as well? Getting a Q6600 and GTX 470 would be a good upgrade but if i were you id wait it out.

Soldato
Dual core sounds good for Diablo 3.

A more powerful graphics card could help, but best wait for it to come out.

A SSD will make the system more responsive, and reduce loading times drastically.

You need a pretty powerful PSU for a 470, or anything like it. Make sure it's of good quality.

A HD7850 would be a nice step up, while possibly requiring less juice than your 8800GTX.

Associate
OP
Dual core sounds good for Diablo 3.

A more powerful graphics card could help, but best wait for it to come out.

A SSD will make the system more responsive, and reduce loading times drastically.

You need a pretty powerful PSU for a 470, or anything like it. Make sure it's of good quality.

A HD7850 would be a nice step up, while possibly requiring less juice than your 8800GTX.

Looking at some of the specs required (or what people have guessed from the beta) a dual core should be fine, it recommends a nvidia 260 as the recommended gpu what is quite low so think i might pickup a cheep GPU at least as the CPU upgrade can wait till i got more cash :)

Will have a look on the MM to figure out what the going price is for a 7850 :)

Associate
Looking at some of the specs required (or what people have guessed from the beta) a dual core should be fine, it recommends a nvidia 260 as the recommended gpu what is quite low so think i might pickup a cheep GPU at least as the CPU upgrade can wait till i got more cash :)

Will have a look on the MM to figure out what the going price is for a 7850 :)

This is what you can expect from Blizzard! Games that don't empty your pockets. My old core 2 with the X1900XT which I build 6 years ago (now retired) could probably run this game without a problem, albeit not at super ultra duper settings.

Associate
OP
I have looked around and the recommended requirements seem to be:
E6600
GTX260 or 4870
so my pc will definitely run it maybe on medium/ high. Would like it to be maxed out though and the pc needs a update, but unsure how to upgrade on a tight budget or wait it out.

Thinking of just getting a GPU and then do the CPU at a later date, SSD will be nice though :)

Back
Top Bottom