• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

680 voltage adjustment now working (sort of)

Soldato
In the new version of evga precision 3.0.2 there is a new voltage adjuster.

It only goes up to 1175mV max but it does have an effect.

Running furmark in a window I was getting ~1100mV with 100% gpu usage, setting to 1175 it stuck to it

Soldato
OP
OK after running a few more tests I think this is useless, at least limited testing in furmark shows this, maybe games will be different.

Setting the voltage to 1175 actually results in less fps in furmark as furmark already makes the gpu consume close to the 132% max power anyway.

Associate
OK after running a few more tests I think this is useless, at least limited testing in furmark shows this, maybe games will be different.

Setting the voltage to 1175 actually results in less fps in furmark as furmark already makes the gpu consume close to the 132% max power anyway.

I wouldn't use Furmark as any sort of a testing tool TBH. It gives unrealistic situations and nVidia and AMD stated they make the cards throttle when exposed to things like Furmark as not to damage the card, you're better off doing Heaven loops and see if it changes anywhere there.

Soldato
OP
Interesting, in Heaven 3 it was using around 100% power so plenty of headroom. Voltage though was already at 1150 so not much of a change.

Setting to 1175 then increased the voltage and stuck it at 1175, wasn't enough to allow my core o/c to go from 150 to 170, I'll test more later.

Soldato
On mine when idle is sits around 0.975V, and at load (with default clocks and default 100% power setting) it goes up to ~1.12V anyway.

My understanding is that the voltage control is effectively locked (due to the hardware design) on reference GTX680s. The only way to significantly increase it is by modding the hardware to fool the power controller.

Back
Top Bottom