God of War 4 Incoming?

Man of Honour
Will vengeance bring redemption? Has Kratos learned ANYTHING yet?!?! :p

Absolutely love this series, number 3 was incredible and one of my all time favourite games. Really hoping on a number 4 :)

Is the GoW HD collection 2 worth getting?

Soldato
I am hopin yes, however with so many other games to play and the upcoming Diablo 3 release I wish it wasn't coming out just yet :p (plus the fact I haven't even got GoW 3 yet).

On the flip side, when I do have the time to get this, it will hopefully have come down in price :)

Man of Honour
Only HD remakes what really worth getting. They took their time to make it look better than original versions and not dissappoint.

I have the first HD collection, but I'm slightly put off only because the first 2 games have a combo system and movement things that were tweaked and massively improved by the 3rd game. For example, moving around the boxes in GoW1, or even jumping to move faster on ledges, are things I would not want to go back to. Also, IGN was spot on when it said the combat system was refined in 3, especially with the faster strong attacks and distance grabs. I'm playing through Arkham Asylum at the moment and the combat is embarassing in comparison with God of War 3 :o

I think that the HD collection 2 games are more recent though and don't suffer from these problems....?

Soldato
I have the first HD collection, but I'm slightly put off only because the first 2 games have a combo system and movement things that were tweaked and massively improved by the 3rd game. For example, moving around the boxes in GoW1, or even jumping to move faster on ledges, are things I would not want to go back to.

Never even noticed, probably because I hadn’t played the first two in years. But the second HD collection felted like I was playing the PSP versions but on a bigger screen. Graphic were still spot on, compared to the rubbish Ubisoft HD collections or Devil May Cry . Small things such as menus not scaling to full screen compared to the rest of the game puts me off.

If it happens to be GoW4 or another prequel, hope they give the PS Vita some lovin' ,no exciting titles has happened since its release.

Soldato
People moaned about the open ending, me however, i knew it meant we would get a sequel.

I'm pleased, its got the ropeyest storyline in the world, but dear god, the gameplay and graphics are wonderful.

Man of Honour
People moaned about the open ending, me however, i knew it meant we would get a sequel.

I'm pleased, its got the ropeyest storyline in the world, but dear god, the gameplay and graphics are wonderful.

I thought the plot and theming of the first game was great, the plot of the second only got interesting towards the end and the last game seemed to confuse itself with the pandora subplot. It's a bit silly really as a day's worth of more writing could have probably ironed out this criticism of the 3rd.

Soldato
No Vita lovin' then:(

This is a prequel by the looks of it, so I wonder how this will fit in with the storyline from the PSP versions.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have mixed feelings about this being a prequel, I was happy with how God of War III ended but at the same time I was interested in how they would continue the story. With it being a prequel I'm not sure how this is going to find it's space with Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta.

***** SPOILERS *****

Even though the trailer shows what looks to be the Blades of Chaos, I can only assume this is set before he made the deal with Ares whilst his family was still alive etc etc?

Back
Top Bottom