PS3/PC gamer? But you prefer the Xbox controller!

Soldato
Genuine question, why should I buy this over a 360 controller? (already have one btw)

For the rapid fire function or is the battery life and wireless capability longer?

Soldato
Yes. All none sony products do. I'm sure the bluetooth from Sony has a special encryption. So to combat it none Sony products need their own bluetooth receiver.

noting special about it, the ps3 just doesnt accept 3rd party controllers direct over blutooth. You can go the other way just fine and connect the ps3 pads to other equipment, pcs and android devices for example.

Associate
I hate the design of the PS3 pad. Always preferred the position of the analogue stick on the 360 pad and the triggers, but I play Fifa 12 on the PS3 and its knackered my left thumb so I'm hoping this turns out to be a decent alternative.

Associate
Why don't you like it?

The triggers are a bit iffy but other than that a far better d pad, pressure sensitive buttons and analogue sticks are perfectly fine :)

I would say that the d-pad is only thing it has going for it and really, is that something a controller should be trumpeting? It's got no heft to it, the buttons feel cheap, the triggers are awful, the sticks are in an awkward position and domed. Ergonomics aside it just feels cheap cheap cheap.

It was fine and dandy on the PSX, but even then I preferred the n64 controller. The ergonomics were never brilliant and have barely evolved at all.

Crappy d-pad included(it's only weakness) I would take the xbox controller over it every time and if I stop being such a miser I'll get the new xbox pad(with fancy d-pad) and just deal with the ps3 pad when I have to.

Caporegime
I would say that the d-pad is only thing it has going for it and really, is that something a controller should be trumpeting? It's got no heft to it, the buttons feel cheap, the triggers are awful, the sticks are in an awkward position and domed. Ergonomics aside it just feels cheap cheap cheap.

It was fine and dandy on the PSX, but even then I preferred the n64 controller. The ergonomics were never brilliant and have barely evolved at all.

Crappy d-pad included(it's only weakness) I would take the xbox controller over it every time and if I stop being such a miser I'll get the new xbox pad(with fancy d-pad) and just deal with the ps3 pad when I have to.

Why do you want weight on the controller?
D Pad is still good for fighting games, granted those new xbox chrome ones look nice.
Button feel fine to me
Sticks are in a nice position for me on both 360 and PS3, the dome thing I can see where you're coming from but doesn't bother me.

And yep, the triggers are bad, but rectifiable with cheap additions.

No idea how you could prefer N64 controller, what an abomination.

Associate
Why don't you like it?

The triggers are a bit iffy but other than that a far better d pad, pressure sensitive buttons and analogue sticks are perfectly fine :)

It feels cheap. I don't like the analogue sticks at all, they feel too loose, not enough resistance. The triggers, as you say are rubbish.

The d pad is ok, it's quick to turn on and I liked the ability to switch music tracks anywhere because of blutooth.

The 360 pad though is the best console controller ever made in my opinion. Just a shame the console lacks the media capabilities of the ps3.

Caporegime
Not sure if you're serious?!

Yeah I am, I have serious pains in my fingers though using a M+KB, and i think it is due to my phone, I find the PS3 controller the most pleasing to hold and like the buttons more :p

It feels cheap. I don't like the analogue sticks at all, they feel too loose, not enough resistance. The triggers, as you say are rubbish.

The d pad is ok, it's quick to turn on and I liked the ability to switch music tracks anywhere because of blutooth.

The 360 pad though is the best console controller ever made in my opinion. Just a shame the console lacks the media capabilities of the ps3.

Everyone to their own, still don't believe it feels cheap though :p

It would be nice if they took PS3 and then gave it xbox lives features on the PS3 XMB as opposed to the awful xbox one. (massive thread derail in PC games, my bad :p)

Permabanned
Xbox controller is the most overrated thing ever. I've never used a PS3 but the PS2 DualShock and the N64 controller > *

Also, MS make an official Xbox controller for the PC don't they?

Back
Top Bottom