SSD upgrade problem

Associate
I was going to get a second vertex 2e 60gb to match up with the one i got 5 days ago but ocuk dont stock them anymore yay.

i was wanting a drive that i could put into raid to save messing about moving data about all the time, it is posiblem to run a different model ssd in raid with the drive i have or do i need to get 2 new drives.

Associate
OP
i got the 60gb ssd just for the OS. but after installing the base programs nothing big i only have 30gb left so i was going to add a second to make 90gb room so i can add games to the ssd.

i want to run raid just because i cant be bothered messing about moving files about over 2 or 3 drives

Soldato
i got the 60gb ssd just for the OS. but after installing the base programs nothing big i only have 30gb left so i was going to add a second to make 90gb room so i can add games to the ssd

If you were going to do that, you would need to do a reinstall of Windows anyway.

If you only bought it recently and it was new... send it back under DSA and buy a bigger drive that will accomodate you better.

Either that, or buy it from elsewhere and then do a reinstall of Windows.

I used to run those exact drives in raid0. You end up with 111GB of storage and they aint that great IMO. Reviews seems to say otherwise! Anyway, better off with a single M4 for less money than two of them will cost you. They're also only Sata 2.

Caporegime
I was going to get a second vertex 2e 60gb to match up with the one i got 5 days ago but ocuk dont stock them anymore yay.

i was wanting a drive that i could put into raid to save messing about moving data about all the time, it is posiblem to run a different model ssd in raid with the drive i have or do i need to get 2 new drives.

If you bought it mail order then you can return it under the Distance Selling Regulations for a full refund and then start again.

Back
Top Bottom