Windows doesn't always boot up

Soldato
On a regular basis my pc won't boot up. It posts then goes to load windows but the widows animated logo doesn't show but the words microsoft are there on the black screen. After a reset it boots every time. Sometimes it boots fine, others it requires a reset.

Windows 7 64bit

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Soldato
Bez! I'm willing to bet it's more than likely intermittent memory issues. I've had similar problems (bar the logo) and fixed it by switching the sticks out in combinations and testing for a few days.

Ideally replace the entire batch with someone elses and test for a few weeks.

Soldato
OP
Funny you should mention that because i was messing with the ram a few weeks ago. The computer kept freezing and getting bsod. I swaped the ram around and blew the dust out and it worked ok again except for this boot problem i have.

Thanks for the reply bud. I told you this was an awesome forum didn't i. No matter what the question regarding computers, you'll get hundreds of replies within hours of you asking it. Mind you, that's to be expected on a computer forum right? Forum needs to be renamed generaldiscussion.co.uk

Soldato
Shhh.... here's the equation for receiving help over here:

question + bad advice = geek rage ^ 10

where, geek rage = advice * (mock + criticize)

Soldato
I guarantee your problem will be fixed by replacing the ATI card. It's definitely an ATI issue and an NVidia equivalent would be a 100%, sure fire fix.

Soldato
OP
Shhh.... here's the equation for receiving help over here:

question + bad advice = geek rage ^ 10

where, geek rage = advice * (mock + criticize)

I can definitely tell you're doing an electronics course :p

I guarantee your problem will be fixed by replacing the ATI card. It's definitely an ATI issue and an NVidia equivalent would be a 100%, sure fire fix.

You serious or just trolling?

Back
Top Bottom