VPN router for BT infinity

Associate
Ive just ordered BT infinity which should be installed on the 17th. I'm told I should get 72 down and 20 up which should be good. The cabinet is only about 100m away.

I've heard that the BT home hub is not that great so I'm looking to get a better router. I would also like a router which will act as a VPN server so that I can connect in when I'm abroad to get a uk ip address for iplayer.

What would you reccomend? Would want to spend between £50-100.

Associate
OP
Been looking at this a bit more recently. Doesn't look like I can get a router with VPN built in but I either get an asus rt56u with the custom firmware as Gammawolf suggested or get a linksys E3200 and put dd-wrt on it. Not sure which would be a better option? Any comments?

Soldato
Been looking at this a bit more recently. Doesn't look like I can get a router with VPN built in but I either get an asus rt56u with the custom firmware as Gammawolf suggested or get a linksys E3200 and put dd-wrt on it. Not sure which would be a better option? Any comments?

If you want to pay more and get a router/modem all in one box the Draytek2750n has a VPN built in :)

Back
Top Bottom