Doom™ 3 BFG Edition!

Soldato

Re-mastered edition of DooM 3 from years back. Coming out on the PS3 and XBox 360. Quite excited about this as i've not played the original since I played it years ago on my old XBox.

Doom 3 BFG Edition, a re-mastered and expanded version of Doom 3, will be released for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this autumn, developer id Software has announced.

The new version includes the original Doom and Doom 2, plus The Lost Mission, a never-before-seen single-player story for Doom 3 spread over seven fresh levels.

Re-mastered graphics, support for 3D and head-mounted displays, 5.1 surround sound, improved rendering and lighting will also feature.

Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions will, naturally, include Achievements/Trophies.

There's also a new checkpoint save system for "smoother progression" through the game, plus an armour-mounted flashlight, allowing players to illuminate dark corners and kill enemies at the same time.

"Doom 3 was enthusiastically embraced by gamers worldwide at its release," id Software boss John Carmack explained. "Today, the full experience has been enhanced and extended to be better than ever, and is delivered across all the platforms with a silky smooth frame rate and highly responsive controls."

"New support for 3D TVs, monitors, and head mounted displays also allows players to experience the game with more depth than ever before. We think shooter fans everywhere will love it."

Last edited:
Soldato
Are they not going to be releasing it for PC?!

From the video, it looks pretty much what you get if you set Graphics to Ultra in PC settings. I guess this is just id bringing the consoles back in line with that.

Not sure about the extra levels though.

Associate
My memory of Doom3 was that it killed my two Radeon 9800 cards (pro clocked to xt) I had to fork out for an X800pro to finished the game. I didnt like the game enough to play it through again though, even a revised version.

Soldato
My memory of Doom3 was that it killed my two Radeon 9800 cards (pro clocked to xt) I had to fork out for an X800pro to finished the game. I didnt like the game enough to play it through again though, even a revised version.

Wow them cards bring back memories :p

Soldato
It's not just a rerelease, its had updates done, Plus it's been changed so you can have a light and gun at the same time. Which to be honest, will actually stop itbeing as scary.

Best thing I've seen about this, is the Virtual Headset they're working on. 90degree view range for each eye, which is better than what is currently available.

Back
Top Bottom