Ever have someone send you something without you even paying?

Soldato
Bit of strange one, bought a 2nd hand PC off the bay on Tuesday which requires a bit of work doing to it.

Anyhow get parcelforce man round today with a package for me. Signed for it, was addressed to me so I’m scratching my head thinking what it can be. Anyhow turns out it’s the PC i won, which i haven’t even paid for yet!!

Was a £100+ PC so quite puzzled why seller has sent without me paying for it.

I know i would never send out something without receiving payment and especially on the bay. Hes got 50+ feedback so hardly inexperienced etc.

Edit - Have paid for it now.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'd be warning the chap not to do that again as other people might not be so honest!

We think alike, sent him this message.

Hey, Can’t believe you already posted and i haven’t even paid yet.

Please, you shouldn’t do that in the future as a lot of eBay members out there wouldn’t hesitate ripping you off. Anyhow lucky for you I’m not one of them, I’ll get payment sent within the hour to you.

Thank you for the swift delivery and excellent packaging, greatly appreciated.

Regards

Soldato
I sent a victorian penny and halfpenny to an ebayer with zero sales before he paid as he was struggling to get onto paypal. It was only a few quid but he did pay. Not everyone is bent.

Soldato
A while back i bought a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium from a well known shop but cancelled the order a few hours later....a few days later it was delivered to me :D

Man of Honour
I've despatched stuff through Trust here before I've got the money, and I've had a couple of people do the same the other way. I'd never do it on Fleabay though. Actually I'd never use Fleabay.

M

Two years ago, I went through a phase of ordering Disney stuff from eBay Hong Kong sellers. All of the items came through ok but one of them sent me an additional box which I didn't order and it contained 5 kit model military planes. Because it arrived separately and not with any of my other orders, I had no way in knowing who sent it. No eBay ID or invoice inside the box either. I even went through recent seller feedback to see if they sold similar but no cigar. I gave it a month to allow for anyone to contact me requesting it back. No one got back to me, so I listed the 5 planes as separate auctions and they netted me about £20 all-in-all.

Back
Top Bottom