Windows upgrade offer

Associate
Did anybody apply for this offer of £14.99, well i did. Got a email at the time telling me that I was successful, and I would get another email when win 8 is out. But, I'm still waiting for this other email which is supposed to provide you with a link to get the win 8.

Soldato
Cheers for that bud I had not received the email for my brothers laptop. Annoyingly you cannot just buy the upgrade and use the key at a later date. It looks like I need to do it all via the PC I am wanting to upgrade at the time so need to wait to get a hold of my brothers laptop :S

str

str

Soldato
Cheers for that bud I had not received the email for my brothers laptop. Annoyingly you cannot just buy the upgrade and use the key at a later date. It looks like I need to do it all via the PC I am wanting to upgrade at the time so need to wait to get a hold of my brothers laptop :S
No that isn't correct.

You can buy it and when the installer runs it allows you to create a Windows ISO or a bootable USB stick which can then be used to install Windows 8 on another PC.

Soldato
Awesome bud thanks for that will go ahead and get the key and make the iso ready for it :)

Mammalian the offer is still around just goto the site listed above.

Edit: Ran the upgrade assistant and clicked next to purchase and says its not available in our country to purchase or download yet lol

Last edited:
Associate
OP
banger9365
click on this link or the link in the email and input the datails of your email ,
https://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-GB/MyOrder

you need your email address and Registration Receipt number from your Windows Upgrade Offer Registration Confirmation email
26th Oct 2012 11:18

Thanks for that, it worked.

capture5zh.png

Last edited:
Associate
Just registered for this and been approved!

Are there any possible performance hits with the upgrade? Or is it as good as a fresh install? Due to the upgrade process with earlier versions of windows, I'm still of the belief a fresh install is best.

Soldato
Got it working for anyone else who is buying it for the key to use on a different system eg. Buying it for the qualifying laptop but using your base machine to do it as you do not have the laptop with you. Run it in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and it goes through fine and you get the key.

Back
Top Bottom