Will jailbreaking my iPhone 4 unlock it from Three for all networks?

Soldato
OP
I've just spent 3 hours trying to get it unlocked with 3. They don't have my IMEI number on their database as Apple replace the phone 6 months ago, and the receipt I have doesn't have the old or new IMEI on it, therefore I'm screwed.

I've seen there are some apps on Cydia which claim to unlock the phone. DOes anyone have any experience of these?

Soldato
OP
I've already transferred my number to Giff Gaff. My signal with 3 was terrible and I always got cut outs and loss of signal.

I've had to Photoshop my Apple receipt with the old and new IMEI numbers. I've just sent it to them so fingers crossed it'll fool them.

Soldato
I've seen there are some apps on Cydia which claim to unlock the phone. DOes anyone have any experience of these?

I used to use UltraSnow which I think was through Cydia on my 3GS from the states. It meant having an untethered jailbreak though.

This might not be the best or most up to date unlock software though as I've not had to do it in ages.

Associate
Why don't you just pay Three £15 to unlock it permanently and legitimately. If you manage to unlock it through jailbreaking and only IF you do. You'll have to be wary about future updates to iOS.

Man of Honour
I've just spent 3 hours trying to get it unlocked with 3. They don't have my IMEI number on their database as Apple replace the phone 6 months ago, and the receipt I have doesn't have the old or new IMEI on it, therefore I'm screwed.

Why don't you just pay Three £15 to unlock it permanently and legitimately. If you manage to unlock it through jailbreaking and only IF you do. You'll have to be wary about future updates to iOS.

It would appear he's tried that ;)

Associate

The IMEI is on the sim tray is it not?

Soldato
3 are something else aren't they. LOL

They create customer service headaches that were quite simply unknown to mankind before. They are the masters of stonewalling and I cannot blame you for wanting out.

I wish you all the best in your venture here. It took me six months of letters and phone calls to get out of a contract in which I could not get a single bar signal at home for my MIFI mobile dongle or phone.

They even had the nerve at one stage to request I dragged my entire PC into the garden to test. I had to double check he understood that I meant desktop PC and not laptop to which he did. My refusal on a rainy day was "refusing to comply".

Back
Top Bottom