• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sandy/Ivy equivalent?

Associate
What would be the Sandy/Ivy bridge equivalent CPU to an i3-560 (1156 3.33 GHz) performance wise?
Considering an upgrade as I've had the i3 for almost 2 years and would like a mobo with more bells and whistles.

Soldato
Associate
OP
Got already a Scythe Ninja and running the i3 without a cooling fan. Tempted to keep my old i3 if I can get a skt1156 mobo with SATA3.

WOuldn't it be better though to wait for a few months and get an unlocked SB/IB when they get cheaper?

It seems that 1155 CPU's offer 20% better game frame rates (with dedicated GPU) for the same CPU speed. I guess this essentialy means that the g850 performs almost the same as an oc i3 @3.5GHz. I think I can live with that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom