Windows StorageSpaces

Associate
Anyone using this? Hard to find any real world users on windows 8, most reviews are from RC or Beta

And most of those are from people that clearly don't understand storage arrays, anyone using this that could provide some comments? thinking of moving from unraid to windows 8 with storage spaces n just wanted some real world opinions

Cheers guyz

Soldato
Anyone using this? Hard to find any real world users on windows 8, most reviews are from RC or Beta

And most of those are from people that clearly don't understand storage arrays, anyone using this that could provide some comments? thinking of moving from unraid to windows 8 with storage spaces n just wanted some real world opinions

Cheers guyz

I set up a storage spaces from 2x2TB drives and it failed quite quickly. I suggest you stick with the tried and tested RAID, for now anyway.

Soldato
Been using it for some time in a mirrored setup on server 2012 and found it to be very stable since the release candidate. It was a bit buggy in the beta and also lacked the ability to transfer a storage space to the RC when it was released (I noticed quite a few changes in the GUI between beta and RC).

I have successfully transferred my storage space from the RC to the full version which no issues, it was a simple case of unplug drives fr safety, format, install, plug the drives back in. Windows instantly saw the storage space in the server manager and all I had to do was give it a drive letter and mark it as active. All my files were intact and was as if nothing changed.

I've not run any performance tests on it as I know that was quite a big topic for discussion when people found that transfer rate were slow but I can't say I've noticed any dip
In performance over my old raid 1 array in general day to day use/copying files

Back
Top Bottom