Watercooling a Corsair 600T

Associate
Hi I posted this in another thread but was told to make my own thread.
I've been reading up on watercooling for a few months now (And this forum for around a year but only just joined) and I think I'm finally ready to take the plunge, these are my specs.

Corsair 600T se white
Asus P8Z77-V PRO
i5 3570k @ 4.4GHZ
Corsair Memory Vengeance Low Profile Blue 2x4GB
Asus d2x
Asus directcu ii 670 2GB
Be quite dark pro 10 850W

Now I know the 600T isn't ideal for watercooling but I love this case and have added a sound dampening kit to it. I'm not afraid to use a dremel either and have seen on another site (think it was overclock3d) that you can fit a rad with a tiny bit of modding, I think it was the XSPC EX360. I'm hoping it would fit and if anyone here has done it, I know I'd then have to put the fans in the grill like with the H100i. I want to but the Overclockers V12 set and add this water block.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-297-EK&groupid=962&catid=1520&subcat=2328

Would one 360 rad be enough to cool the 3570k and the 670 with low noise? as I don't really want to add a 200mm rad at the front. I might be willing to buy a better case for watercooling but all the ones I've looked at are too square and ugly at £150-£200 mark. I have a red NZXT phantom in the loft but it felt cheap to me and a bit loud. I do like the NZXT Switch 810 so could get that but then would need to buy another soundproofing kit.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.:)

Last edited:
Associate
I have a modded 600T SE build log here: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18391161 ,though it isn't finished because I'm lazy :p, but it essentially shows how to mod a radiator into the top. It's not hard at all - especially when I tried it, it was also my first watercooling build.

You will need to mod the top of the 600T with the dremel to fit a 360 radiator. I used magicool 360 radiator. It's currently cooling an i5-2500k and a 5970 to about 30C. I'm using gentle typhoons to cool them at 1000rpm and it's almost dead quiet.

Soldato
A thin rad like that would give sufficient cooling to cool both those components without the need for noisy fans, as both are low heat.

The Switch 810 is a fantastic case, quite a few people on here have them all fully watercooled out with fat 360s+240s. (i'm one of them) I've not looked into the sound dampening though, does it work?

Associate
OP
I have a modded 600T SE build log here: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18391161 ,though it isn't finished because I'm lazy :p, but it essentially shows how to mod a radiator into the top. It's not hard at all - especially when I tried it, it was also my first watercooling build.

You will need to mod the top of the 600T with the dremel to fit a 360 radiator. I used magicool 360 radiator. It's currently cooling an i5-2500k and a 5970 to about 30C. I'm using gentle typhoons to cool them at 1000rpm and it's almost dead quiet.

Thanks Coldfused, i have actually looked at your thread already:D It's very nice.

A thin rad like that would give sufficient cooling to cool both those components without the need for noisy fans, as both are low heat.

The Switch 810 is a fantastic case, quite a few people on here have them all fully watercooled out with fat 360s+240s. (i'm one of them) I've not looked into the sound dampening though, does it work?

Yea the sound dampening kits do work, I got mine from here, they don't make a pc silent but much quieter and no vibrations which is what drives me mad. As I didn't cover any fan grills temps haven't risen either, I use a H100i at the moment but really have the itch to do proper WC on cpu and gpu. I might just go with the Switch as I have a disability which doesn't leave my hands the steadiest at times. Thanks to both of you for your help, think I'll look at some watercooled Switch 810's;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Once OCUK answer my webnote I'm going to go ahead and buy it. I'm going to try modding the top of the 600T to fit the XSPC EX360 rad in as I love this case. If it doesn't fit then I'll buy the Switch 810.

EK-FC670 GTX DCII - Acetal+Nickel
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-297-EK&groupid=962&catid=1520&subcat=

OcUK Tech Lab - V12 Watercooling Kit 360
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-042-OE

Edit: Changed my mind, I'm going with the Switch 810

Edit 2: Just bought it all and the Switch, It costed me a lot but think it'll be worth it due to not being able to do much else... So excited! Thanks OCUK for a great service and advice.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sorry for another post but can anyone tell me how long the v12 kits take to dispatch? As I ordered at 12PM but it hasn't dispatched which has left me a tad confused. It's just a kit and isn't being put together so I'm not sure why there's a delay.:(

Associate
It'll dispatch, I'm sure it's a late collection. Did you opt for next day delivery?

Although, it does say underneath the list of components (on the product page):
Should an item be in short supply or unavailable it will be exchanged for a suitable alternative.
Custom Units can take 24 to 48 hours if assembly of a component is required.

Associate
OP
It'll dispatch, I'm sure it's a late collection. Did you opt for next day delivery?

Although, it does say underneath the list of components (on the product page):

Yea it's next day delivery, I know what it says but surly that's for products that need to be built? This is just a group of parts which I'll be putting together. The other week I ordered a new PSU at 3:58PM (4 being the latest for next day) and it got dispatched right away... I see my money has been taken though:(
Looks like I'll have to have a day off work if it's not coming until Wednesday to receive it. I have emailed them but it seems they finished work before 5:30 or are just really really busy due to the time of year. I really wanted to get started tomorrow but I'll have to wait a little longer.:cool:

It hasn't even been picked so no chance it'll come tomorrow...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just had a thought, am I going to need more than 1L of fluid for the V12 kit with a gpu block? Also I don't think the kit comes with a PSU jumper does it?

Associate
OP
Thanks but you didn't watercool your GPU did you or did I miss that? It says in the guide that's been stickied that you need 1L for a simple cpu loop so from that it sounds like I'll need more.

Btw thanks for responding to me, I hate being the new guy as nobody want to talk:o

Edit: It is classed as a pre built kit but I've been told it could take upto 7 days which is still a lot longer than the page says, but he said it should be the next few day.
Sorry for my mistake:o

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks, they've added another litre to my order so it should all be good to go. I'm so excited now, top notch customer service from OCUK as always too. Even though I'm not building it in my 600T I would like to see some finished pics of your PC:D My PC is going with a green and white theme as I'm a Yeovil FC fan;) Maybe when I've had more experience I'll try something in the 600T.

Associate
Dude, sorry - I meant to say 1L not 2L to cool a HD5970 and i5-2500k with a 250ml RES and a 360mm RAD. I had about 250ml spare, so 1L should be enough. But it's handy to have extra incase you spill, or if you need to clean your system a couple of months down the line.

Here's a leak testing photo using only 750ml of coolant:
8264268638_0bb4e672a7_c.jpg

Associate
OP
LOL that's ok it's always good to have extra. That looks awesome!:D I wonder why the top v12 kit doesn't come with compression fittings, silly me for not reading it right but as it's the top kit from them I think it should even though it would add cost, having a leak would add a lot more:eek:

I'll have to buy some clips or compression fittings at some point.

I don't think it contains a PSU Bridger either like other kits..... Hmm not sure what to do now.
I've asked if they could add 10x of these http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-097-KA and a bridger so hope it's not too late.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Where are the instructions that are meant to come with the OCUK V12 kit? Can it be found online as they haven't given it to me like it says on the webpage. My NZXT fan controller had been opened and didn't include any of the cables the power and tempature sensor or the instruction/screws.

Back
Top Bottom