Bought an S2000! Sold the Mountune Fiesta!

Soldato
OP
Exhaust mod

Tell me more about this exhaust mod! What is the modification?

I hate the sound of most aftermarket systems for Hondas, the trend in Japan seems to be as loud as possible. I want it to sound like a sports car should when giving it some beans, and a more purposeful note at idle would not be a bad idea, but I don't want anything too loud or boomy.

The FIPK intake kit is already on my list for the new year though :)

Caporegime
There is a huge thread on s2ki on the mod. It's a bypass of the backboxes but keeps the standard system and reonator so it's not too loud nor boomy. Drone is a big issue on aftermarket exhausts.

Dont take it on the track. They are slow.

Associate
Tell me more about this exhaust mod! What is the modification?

I hate the sound of most aftermarket systems for Hondas, the trend in Japan seems to be as loud as possible. I want it to sound like a sports car should when giving it some beans, and a more purposeful note at idle would not be a bad idea, but I don't want anything too loud or boomy.

The FIPK intake kit is already on my list for the new year though :)

just join two rear pipe together with another pipe

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/971392-good-exhaust-shop/

Last edited:
Soldato
Great price! Hope you're enjoying it. Tax and insurance in a month for me (the only downside to ownership). I need to investigate the exhaust mod as it sounds brilliant.

Enjoy!

Soldato
OP
Exhaust mod looks well worth looking into, just the sort of sound I want if done with sensible diameter pipe!

I've now ordered some bits for it! K&N FIPK on its way, along with Tegiwa oil filter stopper (more a security thing than anything else), Skunk2 gearknob (mate has one on his EP3 and I prefer it to the stock AP2 one), and some brighter bulbs for the main beam lights...

Last edited:
Soldato
Isn't the stock exhaust designed like that to create back pressure for the NA engine?

I would have thought that if you mod it to get more sound you would have less back pressure and drop some power?

Associate
one of mine was seized, best thing i did was use WIM made it handle so much better...

may as well do a decat, if your doing exhaust mod.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have the standard exhaust with a decat and Toda manifold, sounds nice but need to get around to looking at this mod, although too big a bypass pipe can sound a little agricultural. Still on the stock airbox too as I don't trust non OEM filters on these.

Associate
toda mainfold good idea? i'm really happy with my standard exhaust with decat and bypass pipe, mine 32od i think

i'm also on standard airbox, i just removed the airbox lid does get some heat soak in traffic but its ok once on open road.

Back
Top Bottom