Bought an S2000! Sold the Mountune Fiesta!

OcUK Staff
Jesus all that for sub 6k and it looks like a great example. The S2000 is a real drivers car, light, RWD, very feel some and the noise they make with the right exhaust is epic.

Make sure you get it on track to learn how to drive and handle it near the limits. :)

Soldato
Sounds like a good deal and a decent upgrade without any more cash

£5,648.00? did you haggle to the last pound? or have you added costs?

Guessing it's a round number plus a new tax disc, but cba to look up the rates

Also, great looking car and sounds like a good buy. A friend has one and might be getting rid soon, I think she has a hard top for it if you want me to ask? It would need painting a it's grey though

Last edited:
Soldato
That must be car swap of the year for motors. Especially as you came back with cash.

Love that colour S2000, my one was an MY00 Silverstone. Really, really loved that car. Nothing has come close to it since, but I guess I am driving rather more boring cars now.

Once we've dealt with buying a house, getting another sports car is at the top of the list, and an S2000 will probably where I end up. Absolutely fantastic cars.

If you haven't already, just take the airbox lid off and take it for a drive, that should put some hairs on your chest ;)

Associate
The air is still filtered - the OEM filter is a big cone in the box, so removing the lid just generates more noise - it doesn't affect filtration at all

Soldato
OP
Guessing it's a round number plus a new tax disc, but cba to look up the rates

Also, great looking car and sounds like a good buy. A friend has one and might be getting rid soon, I think she has a hard top for it if you want me to ask? It would need painting a it's grey though

Yes it's tax, guy had just taxed it for 6 months.....he was clear there was no movement on price (he paid 7750 for it in August), but I think it was still a good price for the condition.

Let me know about the hardtop, like I say I definitely want one if I can get one for a reasonable price!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes it's tax, car was up for 5500 but the guy had just taxed it for 6 months and wanted the money for it.....he was clear there was no movement on price, but I think it was still a good price for the condition.

Let me know about the hardtop, like I say I definitely want one if I can get one for a reasonable price!

I shall ask the question next time I see her - she never uses it anyway

Associate
The hard tops are easy to come by. It's the stupid prices for the fitting kit's you'll find hard to stomache!! Unless yours is a GT?
That said. It latches at the front and you can hold the rear down with bungee cords. That's what I did with mine and it never had any issues :D

edit: Get the lid off the airbox. Best/cheapest mod you'll do!

Soldato
  1. Bridgstone Potenza RE050s all round with less than 2k miles :)

Don't be too pleased with these... they are NOT suited for the winter weather. My Zed has these all around, and if you're not careful it can be a pretty hair raising ride.

Anywhere under 5C, I experience a severe lack of grip with them... so don't get too happy with a roundabout or you will be going sideways :D. Regardless, looks like a fun car! Just don't let Nath near it.

OcUK Staff
Don't be too pleased with these... they are NOT suited for the winter weather. My Zed has these all around, and if you're not careful it can be a pretty hair raising ride.

Anywhere under 5C, I experience a severe lack of grip with them... so don't get too happy with a roundabout or you will be going sideways :D. Regardless, looks like a fun car! Just don't let Nath near it.

Out in the 911 this morning in the wet and 3c on the SuperSports, immense amount of grip for the conditions and also still the ability to do big slides, great fun. :D

Soldato
Out in the 911 this morning in the wet and 3c on the SuperSports, immense amount of grip for the conditions and also still the ability to do big slides, great fun. :D

Haha not saying it's not fun... but on the roads I avoid where possible.

Find coppers generally leave zeds alone, but power sliding around a roundabout may get me noticed :rolleyes:.

Don
Lovely car.
Get yourself over to http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/forum/25-uk-s2000-community/ and say "hi".

Quick, cheap and fun mods for the spring:
K&N FIPK intake
Exhaust mod

Both will cost you no more than £200 together and make the car sound epic without being boomy or chavvy:

I also recommend having the geometry looked at and sorted out. I had DMS dial in a fast road setup and it made the car much more predictable in the wet.

Back
Top Bottom