The best screen you have bought

Caporegime
Only ever owned two, a viewsonic vx2025 20" widescreen and the Benq fp241w in sig. The benq has been a fantastic screen, great viewing angles, very good black levels and is very well built. When it comes to the time to replace it, it's not going to be easy finding something that will match it.

The viewsonic is similair in design to the monitors pictured in the opening post. Only difference is it's a widescreen 20". Had it for over 6 years and it's been great too. The one i have was actually a brand new replacement for the first one i got. It developed several dead pixels. Contacted viewsonic and they sent out a brand new one 2 days later, the courier who delivered it picked up the faulty one. Excellent customer service.

Soldato
Dell 2405. Pretty much the only computer component that I've ever bought new back in 2005. Still going strong now, and while there are probably way better and cheaper screens out there, but my goodness what a good buy all those years ago!

Soldato
Dell 2405. Pretty much the only computer component that I've ever bought new back in 2005. Still going strong now, and while there are probably way better and cheaper screens out there, but my goodness what a good buy all those years ago!
I owned a 2405 for about 5 years and when it died I replaced it with the a U2410

and I say the PQ was just as good on my 2405 as the U2410 to my eyes...
The only real plus points I found with the U2410 was much less input lag for gaming..

Associate
Currently I've got a ViewSonic VX1932wm with a 1440x900 resolution and it's certainly the best monitor I've got. Built in speakers too.

Soldato
OP
Viewsonic VX922 - really good for gaming. Not very reliable though. Have replaced 4 capacitors since buying it.

Yeah mine died after about 4 years of service because of a few power supply caps. Now you can buy the power supply board on ebay for the VX912..... I knew I shouldn't of binned it, damn:mad:

Soldato
iiyama Vision Master Pro 400 17" CRT, lasted me years - wish they still made them but at 27"+ widescreen, would easily buy one.

First TFT I bought - Viewsonic VP191 19", 1280 x 1024, P-MVA panel was expensive at the time £400.

Bought a Dell 2407 24", cost about £400, the colours seemed crap, probally didn't have it calibrated properly, had that about two years.

My NEC 24WMGX3 24" MVA TFT, cost £400, it's an amazing screen, great colours, decent response time, it's over 3 years old now, will keep it till it goes wrong, then will buy the best screen I can afford. :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Viewsonic VX2025WM, same line of monitors as the op.

20.1" widescreen, the dvi doesn't work anymore (a common fault with these) and the picture isn't great over vga but I'd use it as a second monitor if I had the room.

I now have a LG E2442, I'm more cheap and cheerful these days.

Soldato
I have a LG 22" E2211 that has a very slight blue tint to it so its no so good , I wouldnt buy one again , But my Samsung 22" SyncMaster S22B300 is a much better screen , nice ..clear and sharp , And wasn't too bright " out of the box " and so I would buy one of those again , And maybe a bigger version next time :)

Associate
DGM 27" is the best I've owned :D (my current monitor).

Although I have fond memories of :-

Illamya 17" Diamond.... CRT - my first 'flatscreen'

20" 1680x1050 Samsung lcd - my first lcd

& 24" 1920x1200 Benq PVA panel lcd - my first expensive (to me anyway) monitor.

N.B. I have interpreted 'best' as the one I have most enjoyed rather than best technically

Last edited:
Soldato
My OcUK Hazro HZ27WC 8-Bit 27" LED Widescreen Professional Monitor - Black

Build quality is shocking but the panel is fantastic and the price was good. £333 plus VAT

Basically the Dell Ultrasharp u2711, but without the horrible anti-glare (which made it look like you were looking through a coat of vaseline)

+1

Its such a beautiful image, but yes, the build quality isnt fantastic

(but really, who touches their monitor that much apart from one button on and off? :p)

Back
Top Bottom