So the moon landing was faked!

Soldato
Soldato
Well he is more of an actor than a physicist. I thought he got the job at cern because he was the "famous" actor, rather than the other way around.

You'd be wrong. Have a read of his qualifications.

Besides, I'm pretty sure CERN aren't in the habit of employing people because of their acting skills...

Are you confusing Brian Cox the actor with Brian Cox the physicist?!

Well, Actor is alphabetically before Physicist on the wiki results page probably. :p

Last edited:
Associate
I think all we are asking is you research both sides and come up with your own conclusions, not found on YouTube, heck if you are interested enough I own every single Apollo astronauts and related employee( like gene kranz and guenter wendt) autobiography that has been published, really thought Andrew chaikens biography is a good starting point. I'd send you copies of any of them if it would open your mind.

Not wishing to derail the thread :rolleyes: but is the gene kranz book "Failure is not an Option"? It sounds like a good read - just wondered as its on my list to get.

Soldato
Not wishing to derail the thread :rolleyes: but is the gene kranz book "Failure is not an Option"? It sounds like a good read - just wondered as its on my list to get.

Yes. It's a superb book. Very insightful into managing high preasure situations as well as specifically the Apollo program.

Other superb autobiographies are Carrying the Fire by Michael Colins, and Lost Moon by Jim Lovell if you're interested. :)

Permabanned
How about the ISS and MIR space stations?
All the probes sent throughout our solar system, and beyond?

Manned space flights to the moon don't have the political importance they once had, so they don't get the financial backing to take place.
We kinda know all we need to know about the moon, the next important manned space flight will be to Mars so long as it is given the finance and all the technical difficulties associated with that can be overcome.

The ISS is an amazing technical achievement, testament to the international co-operation which should be present in future space missions.

Sounds plausible, or the alternative, apollo never happened and the ISS is even more of a remarkable achievement than we ever realized. To be able to dock with satellite travelling close to 7.7km/sec is unbelievable and nasa said they do it with thrusters and lasers. I am simply amassed at this feat and I don't think it is appreciate to the extent that it should be. Thanks largely to apollo. Considering the first flight across the Atlantic was in 1929, it seems quite reasonable, looking at the technology time line, when apollo is removed, it seems like a steady progress. If you add apollo in, then it sort of jumps to astronomical levels and then stagnates.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds plausible, or the alternative, apollo never happened and the ISS is even more of a remarkable achievement than we ever realized. To be able to dock with satellite travelling close to 5000km/sec is unbelievable and nasa said they do with thrusters. I am simply amassed at this feat and I don't think it is appreciate to the extent that it should be. Thanks largely to apollo. Considering the first flight across the Atlantic was in 1929, it seems quite reasonable, looking at the technology time line, when apollo is removed, it seems like a steady progress. If you add apollo in then it sort of jumps to astronomical levels and then stagnates.

Docking and rendezvous were proved in the Gemini program not Apollo.

Associate
Yes. It's a superb book. Very insightful into managing high preasure situations as well as specifically the Apollo program.

Other superb autobiographies are Carrying the Fire by Michael Colins, and Lost Moon by Jim Lovell if you're interested. :)

Cheers, thanks for the heads up. I've read a few technical books around the Apollo programme and found it fascinating how they overcame the various technological challenges but would be good to get the personal side aswell.

Soldato
Sounds plausible,.....the ISS is even more of a remarkable achievement than we ever realized. To be able to dock with satellite travelling close to 7.7km/sec is unbelievable and nasa said they do with thrusters. I am simply amassed at this feat and I don't think it is appreciate to the extent that it should be. Thanks largely to apollo. Considering the first flight across the Atlantic was in 1929, it seems quite reasonable, looking at the technology time line....

If you take out the guff about Apollo never happening that post sounds reasonable. How about you let yourself start to think that Apollo might actually have happened as reported? Do some reading on how it was done and become amazed at mankind's ingenuity, determination and bravery. Just because you don't understand how something was possible doesn't mean it never happened.

Caporegime
I never said that space ships require constant thrust while in orbit. What i said was that spaceships will require thrust when travelling in space in order to retain velocity. I always said that was just my own theory and not related to apollo fakeness. The point being that they did not have enough thrust, even if you claim they used moon gravity, to travel back 240k miles.

This is hilarious and goes some way to explain why these 'theories' keep being put out there. A lot of the people who believe in them are basically ignorant, have very little understanding of science and their own slightly warped ideas of how the works works.

A 13 yr old schoolboy could correct our resident white supremacist* on the above statement...

It does go some way to explaining the confused nature of his other posts on here - he's either a deliberate troll or a very deluded racist with a poor education.

*he was promoting David Duke in another thread.... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom