***ArmA 3 Thread***

Soldato
In arma2, and in arma3 alpha and forever the maximum player limit is just.. how many your server can cope with. Want to make 500 player slots? go ahead.

In ARMA2, with absolutely zero AI and just players it starts to freak out around 130-150 people, using a really good server, even with offloaded HC when AI is there on a gigabit connection.
Edit: It seems to be some arbitrary limit where even if you have more resources it won't help.

Last edited:
Associate
I messed about for an hour on A3 last night for the first time since getting the game. Can anyone explain why some players were warping? Didn't look like a hack, more of a key packet loss.

Video tutorial on adjusting settings would be good btw.

Associate
I messed about for an hour on A3 last night for the first time since getting the game. Can anyone explain why some players were warping? Didn't look like a hack, more of a key packet loss.

Video tutorial on adjusting settings would be good btw.

It's a classic arma trait. They fixed it for a while in Operation Arrowhead which was nice but it seems to be back.

Associate
I'm looking for a "clan" or group of people to play this online with over microphone as there are a lot of latency and coordination issues. Any people interested?

Feel free to PM me with regards to this.

Soldato
I'm looking for a "clan" or group of people to play this online with over microphone as there are a lot of latency and coordination issues. Any people interested?

Feel free to PM me with regards to this.

What are you looking for in a group?

Casual large community?
Hardcore milsim?
something between those two extremes?

There are a few clans that use this forum each slightly different. Giving a bit more detail on what suits you best will let an appropriate suggestion be made :)

Soldato
How well can one expect Arma 3 to fare on the following:

FX-8150 Eight-Core 4GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GTX 670 2GB

Should run plenty fine. But dont stress if you're getting bad performance. The auto detect settings are pretty poor and there are some performance killer settings too. Also the game is very poorly optimized. So you could be on a 3970x with tri SLI titans and all that shiny goodness and be getting poor performance.

Back
Top Bottom