***ArmA 3 Thread***

Soldato
I suppose some of you have heard about the Arma 4 leak? Here's PC Gamer's article.

Sounds like consoles might be given priority...
Not surprising, it's most likely a way to part fund the Arma4 project which is still a long way off unfortunately.

I just hope they bring the Malden and Everon islands into Arma4 from this new Reforger game. Those islands hold a special place in heart from my OFP days! So much time spent flying a MH-6 heli around!

Permabanned
Its new DLC from a third party, about £15, will grab it soon.

From Steam:

Grab your rifle and prepare to deploy to Normandy where you’ll experience World War II combat with the grand scale and intense realism that only the Arma platform can deliver. Spearhead 1944 places you in the boots of the soldiers fighting to break out from a tenuous foothold in the hellish maze of the bocage to liberate occupied Normandy.

Play your way, with a wide array of iconic weapons and vehicles. Join the fight for liberation, or hold your ground across a new 150 km2 representation of real-world terrain based on inland Normandy. Command a tank, light up your flamethrower, dial in your sniper scope, or grab your medical supplies. Dive into a sprawling new co-op campaign for up to 24 players inspired by Operation Cobra. Or take the fight to the enemy with multiplayer game modes, a French Resistance-focused singleplayer scenario and US and German faction showcases.

Offering unparalleled player freedom and new layers of strategic and tactical gameplay, Spearhead 1944 builds on the successful Arma 3 military sandbox formula to render World War II combat for players to experience in solo, with friends in a group, or together with the global Arma community.

Soldato
A quick heads up about the recent solution to the age old Arma AI problem where they see you through the grass. It makes stealth play actually possible and brings about new tactics.
The default AI vision:

And here is how it plays after, with the ACSTG mod installed:

Permabanned
Just bought the third party Spearhead 1944 DLC, 20 GB download and £14.99 I think it was, almost installed, will be trying it in moments.

Borsch I watched your clip, will get my Spearhead 1944 DLC installed and tested and then give this a try, thanks for the heads up.

Associate
Anyone who still plays Arma 2 and has Windows 11.

I really like both Arma 2 and 3 so I was gutted when Arrowhead played up on W11 with weird artefacts.

Solution: Clean install of Arma 2. Don't install any DLC or Arrowhead. Fire up Arma 2 and exit.

Then install Operation Arrowhead Legacy Edition available on Steam, again test its working okay and exit.

Repeat for every DLC, Czech Republic, British Forces etc. Install each DLC one by one, test and exit each before installing another then you should be good!

Back
Top Bottom