Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Caporegime
I love how they are teasing about naval warfare.

If they give us Driveable aircraft carriers and submarines like in BF1942 i'll eat my hat. They couldn't even trust us to fly the AC130, no way would they let people lose with subs and aircraft carriers again.

Caporegime
Indeed, not a chance, they will market/advertise it in such a way and not "truly" answer the questions regarding it until we actually get in game only to find that it is on "tracks", just like they have done for everything else:

- destructible tower on caspian border (animation script thing when you hit 10 tickets)
- AC 130 autopilot
- biggest maps ever
- commo rose
- free DLC packs

etc. etc.

Soldato
I agree that they should make these things driveable, but then again how do you realistically let someone pilot a sub?

Nothing in the Battlefield series is realistic.

The Battlefield series needs to die, Arma series is where it's at! Bohemia keep there promises, and it still has mod tools to boot.

Please people, if you love gaming, avoid EA, DICE and all they stand for. Collectively they are killing gaming.

Soldato
The Battlefield series needs to die.

I wasn't a massive fan of BF3 but this is just getting silly. It's a market, they either produce something worthy of peoples time and money or they don't - if they don't the death of the series and the going under of the companies in question sorts itself out... if they do then they live to produce another day.

I could go on a near endless elitist rant about the direction the Call of Duty series took, what it did to undermine FPS games, what it did to undermine FPS in eSports etc etc... but ultimately I can't deny it's right to exist because it has a gigantic market out there that it as a platform has nailed perfectly to tap into.

The Battlefield series will live or die on it's own merits, if you have gone off it or think it's sold out... whatever... it doesn't matter. You can't take away from the people who do like it or the people who earn a living from it.

Caporegime
I agree that they should make these things driveable, but then again how do you realistically let someone pilot a sub?

Probably something like this
In Bf1942 I used to love getting the jap plane with the torpedo underneath and bombing the aircraft carriers :D

wow I forgot torpedoes bombers actually weren't derp back then and direct hits did hardly any dmg compared to dropping them in the water and watching them glide through the waves into the ships hull.

They were a huge spawn point but you could actually sink them it was awesome.

There was a bit of cat and mouse as well because someone on the enemy team could drive the aircraft carrier off to the corner of the huge maps we had back then and it was totally epic.

It felt like real ww2 tactics with people trying to hide the fleets from each other.

Soldato
Probably something like this
In Bf1942 I used to love getting the jap plane with the torpedo underneath and bombing the aircraft carriers :D

wow I forgot torpedoes bombers actually weren't derp back then and direct hits did hardly any dmg compared to dropping them in the water and watching them glide through the waves into the ships hull.

They were a huge spawn point but you could actually sink them it was awesome.

There was a bit of cat and mouse as well because someone on the enemy team could drive the aircraft carrier off to the corner of the huge maps we had back then and it was totally epic.

It felt like real ww2 tactics with people trying to hide the fleets from each other.

Well when you had b-17's it was wise to hide from the enemy plus there were destroyers.

Associate
Nothing in the Battlefield series is realistic.

The Battlefield series needs to die, Arma series is where it's at! Bohemia keep there promises, and it still has mod tools to boot.

Please people, if you love gaming, avoid EA, DICE and all they stand for. Collectively they are killing gaming.

I don't see how you could say EA are killing gaming when BF3 was blatantly one of the best games of the past several years.

Back
Top Bottom