Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Soldato
Well I for one am impressed by the SP video, I think it looks amazing.

Although for me BF MP is where it's at.

Looking forward to seeing some MP videos. . .

I'm excited and tbh I don't even mind the price (it's a small price to pay for the entertainment value I get back) as the only games I have ever really played to death are BF games since the 1942 days onwards and I can't get enough of them!

Bring it on.

:cool:

Caporegime
meh

Not surprised, typical EA/DICE now, they have just rehashed BF 3 like what activision do with COD.

Also have to laugh, they have now lost their silly "artistic direction" i.e. depressing blue blue filter despite saying that it made BF 3 unique and separated it from other FPS games, oh wait this is still alpha/beta footage so it will probably be there in the final game just like what happened with bf 3.

1. rehash old game
2. market/hype the **** out of it
3. charge a fortune
4. ???
5. profit

*sigh*

Last edited:
Soldato
AMD have pretty much all the good games optimized for them recently.

Bioshock Infinite
Tomb Raider
Crysis 3
Battlefield 4

Never see the Nivida splash screen video in games anymore.

Not sure about this.

I think benchmark sites are unreliable to base these opinions on.

I was watching a video only yesterday by that Linus Tech dude, and he showed benchmarks that showed Crysis 3 and BF3 where still games where Nvidia did better than AMD.

I really don't care either way. As long as performance is good for me, I couldn't give a ... (insert explective here) which card I had. But I am of the opinion there is a lot of blind regurgitation of misinformation on these forums which get perpetuated as truth.

---

As too that video, the graphics didn't look that much better than BF3. Hoping rig will hold up at 1200p with out need for second 670. Which for 90% of games would be complete overkill at my res.

Last edited:
Soldato
OH MY LORD.

Go gather your toys from the pram, put them back in, and wait a bit before throwing them out again.

One gameplay trailer in a small section of SP and you already know everything you need to know? There was NEVER going to be any big graphical advancement.....EVERYONE knew this. Where do they have to go? Nowhere, some extra features/effects was all we were ever going to get. Aside from graphical changes are you watching different videos to the rest of us? You seem qualified to state everything that BF4 has to offer could have been put in BF3.

So many of you sound like the COD herp derps that infest the game you think "Battlefield is becoming". Entitled, whiny teenagers who throw a hissy fit because mommy won't buy you something you want.

LMAO :D (agree)

Just watched the vid, I thought it looked pretty good. A few questionable aspects in there, but on the whole pretty nice. I do hope the acting strength and movement is done better than in bf3 single player though, I felt they could have done better with it.

Very much want to see what they do with the multiplayer though as that's the long game.

Associate
The one thing I will say in defense of that video is that they do seem to have made the animations on the NPCs look a lot better. Facial animations look way more realistic.

Associate
Thing is, this game still has to run on the 360 and PS3, people who buy the new consoles this christmas will see for themselfs the frustrations PC gamers have that a title is not as good as it could have been due to technical limitations.

Unless they make BC3/BF5 a next gen only title I reckon we are going to be disappointed for quite some time to come. I will try and not judge (admitedly its hard) until I see the multiplayer and its features.

Associate
OH MY LORD.

Go gather your toys from the pram, put them back in, and wait a bit before throwing them out again.

One gameplay trailer in a small section of SP and you already know everything you need to know? There was NEVER going to be any big graphical advancement.....EVERYONE knew this. Where do they have to go? Nowhere, some extra features/effects was all we were ever going to get. Aside from graphical changes are you watching different videos to the rest of us? You seem qualified to state everything that BF4 has to offer could have been put in BF3.

So many of you sound like the COD herp derps that infest the game you think "Battlefield is becoming". Entitled, whiny teenagers who throw a hi
ssy fit because mommy won't buy you something you want.

+1000000000

Cant agree more
For me personally those 17min SP gameplay looked absolutely incredible,my daughter asked me what movie im watching :)
And i believe in Dice - they never disappointed me
To those saying its "meh" - where i can buy your crystal ball? I also want to know what exactly BF4 IS ATM (you know it already right?) :D
To many todays gamers become bi****g girls - i actually think BF4 will be epic - graphically its very good,why change it? They added some bling bling,no need for change whats already looks very good
Dice probably concentrated on gameplay more,and i totally agree with them,not that BF3 lacks something in that department,but evolution is always welcome
One thing i am really missing....DINOSAURS :D

Soldato
I did a google of it today, seems it's still happening.

aye i see it now on my origin.

Untitled-4.jpg

Caporegime
can't believe people are already pre-ordering it after only seeing one video, which was for the SP :o Game isn't even due out for quite a while either......

Back
Top Bottom