*** The Official NHS Staff Thread ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date
Soldato
I've been working for the NHS for about 8 months now as a Cardiac Exercise Physiologist, I work with patients who have had MI's, bypass' and valve replacements as well as heart failure patients. The main day to day aspect of the job is taking patients through exercise sessions during their time with us, however I also do some work on the wards as well as taking clinics with patients after they have been discharged from the hospital and before they have started to exercise with us. It feel's great to be actually doing a job that I love, long may it continue! :)

Soldato
Thought this was the best place to ask.. Is it normal to get an ID badge without a lanyard?

I asked and was told I had to provide my own :confused:, so now I'm trawling eBay for something suitable.

If you don't get anything sorted let me know and I can pick you one up when I go to my old trust next week.

Soldato
Worked in the NHS since leaving Uni, forming part of a 4 man team that looks after the entire IT Infrastructure of a decent sized NHS trust in Yorkshire, with plenty of satellite clinics/hospitals. My role is 50% that, and then the other 50% is PACS System Admin (digital radiology in layman's terms)

Thoroughly enjoy my job, but the same role is a band higher at most trusts, which is annoying, but meh.

Got a couple of NHS lanyards kicking around if you need one, but eBay is the best place, usually a couple of quid, just make sure you get a break-away one if you ever go to a clinical area and the worst happens!

Associate
Been working for the NHS for about 3 years as a Radiographer now.

I'm very happy that for the first time since i started we are getting a 1% pay rise! If you forget about the two sets of pension contribution increases and inflation over the last 3 years, i'll be far better off! :D

Soldato
Been working for the NHS for about 3 years as a Radiographer now.

I'm very happy that for the first time since i started we are getting a 1% pay rise! If you forget about the two sets of pension contribution increases and inflation over the last 3 years, i'll be far better off! :D

Did you not receive the standard yearly increment?

Man of Honour
the other 50% is PACS System Admin (digital radiology in layman's terms)

Thoroughly enjoy my job, but the same role is a band higher at most trusts, which is annoying, but meh.

Out of interest when did you move over to PACS?
We started in March 2008.

As for your pay, the NHS has a pay/job role yardstick called KSF and all jobs should be equal between hospitals.

Soldato
As for your pay, the NHS has a pay/job role yardstick called KSF and all jobs should be equal between hospitals.

I think that's in a perfect world. We were talking to some technicians during a training session. They has come up from Devon I think, and they were a band higher than the rest of us.

Soldato
Out of interest when did you move over to PACS?
We started in March 2008.

We had Siemens Mini PACS in since 2005, but switched over to Agfa PACS in 2009 as part of of the NPFIT programme.

I think you mean Agenda for Change, not KSF. Agenda for Change should make the same jobs on the same band, but I assure you that there are huge differences in bandings for the same job across different trusts, no one actually followed Agenda for Change properly. Our Network Manager is on a Band 6, yet the 3 nearest trusts have their Network Manager on a Band 7.

KSF was for your personal skills ensuring you got your increment every year.

Soldato
Agenda for Change is the payscale - the KSF is a broad descriptive foundation for placing job roles in the defined bands on certain performance criteria and responibilities etc. They don't necessarily translate the same across trusts.

Man of Honour
KSF was scrapped 2 years ago at our place. No one ever seemed to finish it anyway, and the woman in charge of KSF retired and no one picked it up - saved us a lot of pointless ballache anyway

I had to write Powerpoint presentations for our Intranet and give lessons on it to Managers and it was a complete ballache. It was so difficult to use and I'd often be on the phone for hours just to one person. I think it might have been scrapped at our place and we've just gone back to pen & paper.

Permabanned
Data Standards
Business Analysis for all Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Services including Social Care.
Spine Messaging
Commissioning Board Work

That's the IT related stuff I do. There's always some bloody transition going on, that keeps me busy. :D

Soldato
I'm a lowly Domestic! :D

My job is to clean all the Barrier rooms that come up, to free beds up as quickly as possible, since we're ALWAYS full. I literally get all the crap jobs.

I'm planning on starting a Uni course next year to be a nurse.

Man of Honour
Dimple - no offense mate but they seemed to give you some right nasty jobs!

I don't think so because most of the jobs I've had at the Trust have been great for my self diagnosed autism :)
I really do enjoy going to work and I get round that much that I'm known by a lot of staff and my Medico-Legal badge gets me everywhere.
"You can't have that"
Dimple flashes badge
"Oh OK"

Back
Top Bottom