US: Game of Thrones Season 3 (contains spoilers)

One

One

Soldato
It was his actual words but he was talking about hodor not a bird or whatever.

It makes me think the worgs powers are greatest near an area north of the wall, probably around where ever it is they are searching for the 3 eyed raven

Can we assume these worg powers are from a GOD? like the lord of light granting powers to certain individuals ? or in the books is it not considered to be connected with a god and just something that happens in nature?

Well they're all conected somehow. Dragons reborn, Reg priests bringing people back from teh dead, pyromancers making wildfire eaier than ever, warg powers south of the wall, direwolfs south of the wall, maegis with the ability to cast genuine spells. ALl these seem stronger than ever and I'm convinced they're all connected. Connected by what I'm not sure, I'm not even convinced it's Winter as there is people still living that have seen a Winter, but not all these shenanigans. Either than or it will just be the coldest Winter ever, before they have an eternal SUmmer, which is spoken about.

One

One

Soldato
Arknor- This is barely even a spoiler, but it might answer your question...I will put it in a spoiler tag anyway:)
All magic is definitely stronger nearer the wall...don't know why at this point, but it is. It is also much stronger since dragons have returned. There are many wargs in the story(though it is not common), but Bran so the only one we have seen so far that has warged a human, though I think I recall reading that it has been done before.

I don't know of any Wargs that were not descended from the first men(Starks, Wildings, a few others that would be spoilers atm) and it is likely linked to the Old Gods imo....almost certainly not the Lord of Light

This is mostly just speculation though.

This spoiler contains one idea from the 4th book but I wouldn't say it was a spoiler, as it isn't a definitive idea, it is just one group of peoples speculation
there is a idea in one of the characters viewpoints that suggests all the gods are the same but just have different names, especially when you consider the Stranger, every religion has one of those.

Soldato
I am not sure of the existence of any deities in ASOIAF at all. My feeling is that there are either no gods at all, or there is another realm with many Gods much like Greek/Roman history that we will never hear about. I certainly do not believe that there is only one God.

I am also certain that something had a hand in sending the Direwolves to the Starks, most likely the Old Gods....but we better leave it there, as we are straying in to book talk now:)

Caporegime
I know what I was going to ask - what the hell is going on with Theon? I did not understand that arc whatsoever. Or are we not supposed to know yet?

Your supposed to know where he is & who he's being held by. (watch on youtube "game of thrones all the roose bolton scenes" if you don't know the above because you either forgot or were not listening

everything else should become clear eventually.
I read the wiki and spoiled it for myself :D

Just seen this weeks episode. Wow! Don't see how they can better that for the next episode.
showing the bedding ceremony would be a good start :D

needs moar boobs and ass I don't think there were any in the last ep?

Last edited:

One

One

Soldato
I know what I was going to ask - what the hell is going on with Theon? I did not understand that arc whatsoever. Or are we not supposed to know yet?

One of the reasons I've stopped watching season 3 was after the Theon scene in episode 2. I'm a hundred pages into book 5 and he's still not been talked about (other than being a turncloak) since book 2. Once I've finished book 5 though I can watch season 3 :p

One

One

Soldato
As far as I'm aware that was just someone on the TV show having a little fun. There is no particular mention of blooming weirwoods in the books.

Caporegime
BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS ABOUT VENTURING INTO ANY GAME OF THRONES THREADS.

SOMEONE HAS MANAGED TO GET SCREEN CAP SPOILERS OF THE FINAL EPISODE

Caporegime
Holy **** a most awesome episode probably the best so far! although the ending sucked

BTW this was the spoiler screencap doing the rounds long before the episode even aired god knows how someone got it so early seeing s the episode wasn't leaked

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE EPISODE
TXrCVc4.jpg
actually how did someone get this angle when in the episode we never see it like this? that's definitely Game of thrones right? it seems lighter to so I'm guessing it's a photo from before the special effects were added like in the episode the head is about 10 inches above the kneck line so you can see the head is chopped off

Last edited:
Soldato
BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS ABOUT VENTURING INTO ANY GAME OF THRONES THREADS.

SOMEONE HAS MANAGED TO GET SCREEN CAP SPOILERS OF THE FINAL EPISODE

"But I will post up some stuff when I have seen it though as thats ok!!"

BTW, NOT putting "the ending sucked" in spoilers is still a bit of a spoiler as people's expectations are now set. Saying its ok because you can view the leaked episode online from the US and this is the US thread is pretty weak considering you were shouting about another leak being available i.e. one leak is ok but another is not? :confused:

For the record, I also have it here so it ain't sour grapes.

Last edited:
Caporegime
anyone enters the USA thread after the episode has aired and expects people not to be talking about the episode is extremely dense or high on crack cocaine.
"But I will post up some stuff when I have seen it though as thats ok!!"
No I will post some stuff up in spoileertags after the episode has aired..... I thought that was the whole ******* point of us having a USA TV section.............
BTW, NOT putting "the ending sucked" in spoilers is still a bit of a spoiler as people's expectations are now set
giving my opinion on the episode without any spoilers is not a spoiler..
do you look at a video game review and it says 8/10 and think oh no it's spoiled now? do you go om imdb to look at movie scores and omg its spoiled because its got a 9.0 rating?

maybe I think the ending sucks but other people do not you know because it's just an opinion and everyone has different favourite characters... maybe a character at the end or the location was one I don't enjoy ?
Saying its ok because you can view the leaked episode online from the US and this is the US thread is pretty weak
I have a HBOgo subscription, I am not waiting for anything to be "leaked online" my post date was from before the torrent was even out I bet.. seeing as it was about 2 minutes after the episode aired
considering you were shouting about another leak being available i.e. one leak is ok but another is not?
I was warning people if they visit game of throne threads on other forums that do not have the strict moderation this one does then they might see a screenshot from the episode with a huge ass spoiler, thats entirely different to posting about an episode after the airdate has passed and people expect a discussion about the finale...

btw if you clicked that spoiler even though it clearly says " DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE EPISODE"
then you might want to check you are not in a coma

BTW you do realise theres a UK thread for it in the other forum section?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom